Massive Revamp Underway — TomTom Community

Massive Revamp Underway

I'm still getting the "Massive Revamp Underway" notifications that started in October. This is getting annoying now; when will this "Revamp" actually arrive in the UK as it seems to be available in some counties already and the iphone version has been available since June 2019?

Comments

• Nobby ClarkNobby Clark Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree,

Could some please leave an answer.
  • WastedagenWastedagen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 11
    I'm still getting the "Massive Revamp Underway" notifications that started in October. This is getting annoying now; when will this "Revamp" actually arrive in the UK as it seems to be available in some counties already and the iphone version has been available since June 2019?

I was also, and for me I had to uninstall the app and reload it.... A bit of a headache I know but it fixed the notification issue for me.

That said, I wouldn't be in too much of a rush for the new version as I personally think it's a backward step.
    *The appearance of the new app is so dreary and grey looking. No where near as much colour as the present app.
    *The traffic info when zooming in isn't as informing.
    *While zooming in and out, and during normal use, the scrolling of the map is not as smooth.
    *I found issues with the voice commands not coming through correctly. Syllabols being missed and sometimes words only half spoken.
    *Personally the only upgrade I have noticed is the Lane Changing function. This is better. Not that the old method was unusable or bad.

Personally I have gone back to version 1.18.1. I will stick with this version until it becomes unusable after Tomtom stop supporting it.....

Edit moderator: download link removed
  • John RichardsonJohn Richardson Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    No answer from TomTom or anyone else in the know?
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 179 [Exalted Navigator]
    I think it was answered above. You can also go to the 2.0.? page that was opened just for the new version.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/tomtom-navigation-app-for-android-1

You can also search for it, download it, and sideload it.

Wastedagen's comments conform to my experience. I too have gone back to 1.18.1 hoping for an improved 2.0.?.