TomTom Home crashes when writing the purchased map to the USB device — TomTom Community

TomTom Home crashes when writing the purchased map to the USB device

LievenmLievenm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
When I try to write the map to the USB stick, TomTom Home just crashes in the middle of the write.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• LievenmLievenm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    I checked the downloaded zip files of the map and some were corrupted. I'll try again after a new download. Thanks for the tips.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 211 [Exalted Navigator]
    what is the error, a picture will help.
    No error. Just "The Application TomTom Home has stopped". It's always at the same place in the middle of the write. There is enough space on the usb key and the file systems allows for large files (tried with fat32 and exfat).
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,412
    Superuser
    Hi @Lievenm

Could you check the power saving settings on the PC.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    I checked the downloaded zip files of the map and some were corrupted. I'll try again after a new download. Thanks for the tips.
  • GeraldaoGeraldao Posts: 27 [Master Traveler]
    edited February 23
    Hello dear user of TomtomHOME from all the world.

I'm from France, and I'm facing the same and anoying pb with this tool.
    The "good" thing is that we're all in the same boat, the worst one is an obviously lack of helpfullness from Tomtom' support.
    It's been around 4 or 5 months the update of MAC OS CATALINA had been installed, doesn't work, and....... nothing.
    Well, It's not like if it was a suprise for everyone, and furthermore, it's not like if Tomtom service were not free (I paid once again my live service and map update the last summer).
    So I try to make any comment where I can , hoping that a friendly user or (why not) a tomtom community manager would be kind to upscale or feed back our pb . But.........nothing.

The funiest thing is that tomtom HOME is not available in the support menu .
    Well, what is the issue? Do Tomtom really want to let alive HOME application ? It's a really strange behaviour.