Routing on the GO 5200 - narrow lanes and mountain roads — TomTom Community

Routing on the GO 5200 - narrow lanes and mountain roads

LepreLepre Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
Hello,
I point out to those in charge once again: the paths of the GO 5200 have gone mad, this navigator makes me make very narrow and mountain roads with a waste of time when there is no traffic or accidents on the other roads.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    Hi Lepre,

Have you tried a factory reset and tried to plan the route again.

If yes I would suggest that you report this to the customer service, please?

Please include information like the current route planning settings, the start and the endpoint of the planned route.

Regards
    Vikram
  • LepreLepre Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi VikramK
    yes I tried to do everything, even in the past I had reported to TOMTOM. I've tried to see with Google and always the correct paths, I don't understand these differences.
    Thank you
  • bigbig Posts: 1,625
    Superuser
    Lepre wrote: »
    Hi VikramK
    I've tried to see with Google and always the correct paths, I don't understand these differences.
    You mean like this: ;)
    https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/06/28/google-maps-shortcut-turns-into-100-car-mud-pie-in-farmers-field/
  • LepreLepre Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited February 7
    Hi VikramK,

not quite like that, they are very narrow streets, they are asphalted but only one vehicle passes and they are two-way. Even yesterday to go to a country he gave me a winding and very narrow hill path just to arrive a minute earlier and more Km, does all this make sense to arrive a minute earlier and make narrow and dangerous roads? Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian
  • jogs1952jogs1952 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Why can't the map on tomtom go 500 distinguish between small and large roads? I often get tricked into small roads although I change the settings between fast to shortest way.