re-install map on tomtom start 20 — TomTom Community

re-install map on tomtom start 20

rikske007rikske007 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
My europe map on my start 20 is corrupt. is there a possability to re-install that map ?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    edited February 4
    Hi
    @rikske007

See Tomtom video... What to do if your device displays No Maps Found

ATB YFM
  • rikske007rikske007 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 4
    i get a message " select your map', and when i do that it says ' problem with map, you can't use this map on this device'. and with mydriveconnect i can't re-install my map. (it's in dutch)
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,599
    Superuser
    edited February 4
    Hi all

@rikske007

If you use Mydrive Connect (MDC) your device is a Start20 (NAV3) with 4 or 8GB of internal memory.
    To reinstall your map you must delete the corrupted map first.
    You will download the map file alone, not with other items, you uncheck them.

1/ Your device Not connected to the PC:
    Login in MDC with email+password (next the gearwheel)
    Check if MDC is correctly set. (see picture)
    Empty the download folder then "Save Settings".
    7rnie9rtgbdk.png

2/ Connected your device to the PC and MDC (login email+password)
    Delete the corrupted map, it blocks download. Your device will display a "No Map" message.
    ==> Open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Uninstall".

3/ Download and install the EU map (4567MB)
    ==> Open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Install".
    if you have a problem of available space (internal memory only 4GB) installed a smaller map zone, MDC should offer it.

I hope it will work for you.

Regards.
  • rikske007rikske007 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi, is didn't work. i even made a new account, but i can't add the device. is it possible that the device is locked to my previous account ?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    edited February 6
    Hi @rikske007

Could you send me the serial number of your Start 20 through a private message, please?

Regards
    Vikram
  • wweustinkwweustink Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I've got the same problem with my TomTom Start 20. It says no maps available on the device. And in my account there are no maps visible or downloadable. I tried the steps above but no succes.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,168
    Superuser
    Hi @wweustink

Hopefully if it is possible on your Start 20 @VikramK may be able to sort things out Look back tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    Hi @wweustink

I have asked my team to activate the maps for your Start 20. Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
  • wweustinkwweustink Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @wweustink

I have asked my team to activate the maps for your Start 20. Please check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram

THX! All is working fine now. Maps are available again. :)
  • geyogeyo Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Cannot update my Start 20 because "all servers are busy" message is returned at any time of day or night