How to set "direction up" on the car gps screen when using Apple CarPlay. It defaults to "North Up" — TomTom Community

How to set "direction up" on the car gps screen when using Apple CarPlay. It defaults to "North Up"

I have a new Hyundai Palisade and really like the map app on the iPhone, so I am using Apple CarPlay which works great except when connected through CarPlay the direction of travel defaults to North Up. Can this be changed? I have both the phone and the car GPS set to Direction Up but it still reverts to North Up. This is a killer for me as it makes no sense to see my direction of travel in a East, West, or South direction. Does anyone know of a fix. I spent 30 minutes with Apple Help but they had no ideas. Thanks so much for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• PalfermanPalferman Posts: 113 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi @TomPhoto
    On the tomtom CarPlay screen map view you should see an icon with an N. If you select it it’ll change to 3D which will give you the direction of travel
  • TomPhotoTomPhoto Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you so much, this was driving me crazy.

Tom
  • TomPhotoTomPhoto Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks to everyone, I have it working now.

Tom