Daylight robbery. — TomTom Community

Daylight robbery.

If you don't want to support the GO 540 any more, you should offer a replacement device for a similar price to a new map - say £40. Your "offer" of £240 is derisory. Where can I get a sensible offer? Or should I go to Garmin? They seem to have good satnavs available for £60.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,413
    Superusers
    Hi
    @udonniedano

Tomtom EOL (End of Life)
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any Existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...

When calling....
    Tomtom are monitoring Eol support by an Auto Response Phone System
    When prompted DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information... Wait for a live agent to respond

Phone: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM
  • udonniedanoudonniedano Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Well all that tells me is that map updates for my device do actually exist but TomTom are withholding them from me and demanding that I buy a new device instead.
  • udonniedanoudonniedano Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The old map is wrong (major new roads have been built near me in the past few years). TomTom have an updated version of this map, but they are withholding it from users like me in the hope that they can bully me into buying a new satnav for a very small discount. I will not be bullied. I want a free map update, or a heavily (80%, not 20%) discounted replacement device.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,413
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @udonniedano

If you think have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscription
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1691673/#Comment_1691673

ATB YFM