New version 2.1.3 — TomTom Community

New version 2.1.3

As of 30 January 2020, it looks like TomTom have started the phased rollout of version 2.1.3. A phased rollout in the App Store means that the app will become available to 100% of users over the period of one week.

What new:
  • Apparently nothing, according to the App Store.

There are, however, "Bug fixes and improvements. We have updated our privacy statement. You can find the updated statement in Settings>System>Your information>More Information>Learn More>Help us learn."

Would somebody from TomTom please tell us what the bug fixes and improvements were?

Regards,

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,712
    Superuser
    Hi @PrivateerUK

Search Facility now available on the CarPlay Screen. Works well.

Doug
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 377 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited January 2020
    Hi @DougLap

Thanks for the information.

I'd have thought that working search facility on the CarPlay Screen is a big deal (for those of you who have CarPlay) and that TomTom would have announced it rather than saying Bug fixes/improvements! :)

BTW, any update on the CarPlay Route Bar issue?

Regards,
    Superuser
    Hi @PrivateerUK

I have heard no news on the CarPlay Route bar. The route bar appears okay when you use the App on the phone and I think the CarPlay templates that Apple offer for use on the App do not facilitate the Route bar being shown. TT have said they are considering how to display the Route Bar data within the display formats available.

The search facility in CarPlay mode has worked well as I have tried it. Does Postcodes including the House number, Addresses and lists things like McDonalds if you ask for it. You cannot search based on Destination or Long/Lat but if you input say Guildford McDonalds it then displays McDonalds in Guildford which you can then select.
    It certainly was described by many as a missing feature when the App came out.

Doug

PS There are other restaurants available. =)
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Although I have not received the new version of the iPhone app yet, I'm grateful that the app developers at TomTom have released an update with "bug fixes". Hopefully this will solve the MyDrive Bluetooth connectivity problem, which is probably frustrating the developers as much as it is frustrating us.

I think the reason there is no detailed explanation of the changes (other than 'bug fixes') is just simple courtesy from TomTom towards Apple... one would hardly expect TomTom to write "We fixed the changes you guys made that wrecked our app" in the description of the changes... that wouldn't impress Apple, I am sure. :)

Anyway, look at the bright side of things: At least this big Bluetooth problem has happened in the middle of winter (middle of bushfire season for our Australian friends), when many of us have our motos laid up for the season, not during prime July riding time.

Michael
    Superuser
    Hi @ST1300_PanEuropean

The App released is not a New My Drive App which is used in conjunction with Bluetooth to connect services. The new release is an update of the TomTom GO Navigation App.

Doug
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Oh no... just when I got my hope up... :(