Search in Tomtom Go — TomTom Community

Search in Tomtom Go

Are there any plans to replace the Search functionality in Tomtom Go with the one from MyDrive?
I’m struggling to find anything in the Go app. The Search function in MyDrive A app is much simple and much better at finding things that aren’t addresses

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    Hi @TheCoolCoyote

Welcome to the community and sorry for the late reply.

I don't think the search functionality will get replaced on the GO Navigation app, the algorithm resembles what we use on our PND's.

I link to the user guide here

Are there some examples you want to share that you can't find in the app?

Regards
    Vikram
  • TheCoolCoyoteTheCoolCoyote Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks both. The search function seems to have improved significantly with the latest app update.
  • PanoptesPanoptes Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I believe there's a search setting: 'Near Me' or 'Nearby' which will also narrow things down for you.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Panoptes

The options of "Near Me" , and "Nearby" are available if you are using the App on the Phone. The possibility to input Long/Lat is also an Option when using the App on the Phone however those 3 options are not available to select when using the new option to Search when in CarPlay Mode. Maybe that will come at some time in a future update.

Doug
  • PanoptesPanoptes Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Panoptes

The options of "Near Me" , and "Nearby" are available if you are using the App on the Phone. The possibility to input Long/Lat is also an Option when using the App on the Phone however those 3 options are not available to select when using the new option to Search when in CarPlay Mode. Maybe that will come at some time in a future update.

Doug

Thanks. I assumed that setting that option on the iPhone would translate to the CarPlay interface. Much catching up to do, TomTom have.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Panoptes

Apple provide Templates which dictate what can be displayed in CarPlay mode which is the reason for example as to why the CarPlay screen does not display the Route bar which you see when you use the App on the phone.

Doug