TT GO 5200 - Charging Stations POI — TomTom Community

TT GO 5200 - Charging Stations POI

brownzbrownz Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
Since the last update it seems like the POI for charging stations is forcing itself on to my device as an update. I can't find any POI management that will allow me to remove this. I assume if I remove it it will do trying to update it every time. I don't have or plan to ever have an electric vehicle.

Answers

• bigbig Posts: 1,626
    Superuser
    brownz wrote: »
    Since the last update it seems like the POI for charging stations is forcing itself on to my device as an update. I can't find any POI management that will allow me to remove this. I assume if I remove it it will do trying to update it every time....
    It's easy to turn off:
    Main menu -> Settings -> Appearance -> Show POI lists on map
    You can turn off/on Charging stations, Rest areas, Petrol Stations there.
  • brownzbrownz Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Still doesnt stop it wanting to download updates for it all the time, I want to remove the POI, not disable it.6xf94rlhkuje.jpg
    1k29hlroqun5.jpg
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    Hi @brownz

You can try contacting customer support and seeing if they can sort out your account so that you do not get offered the Charging Stations POI files updates.

As you have not indicated where you are in your profile here is a link to the list of TT customer support numbers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Doug
    I'll send them a question, I'm in the UK, I've tried updating my profile many times, every time I try, even though I'm logged in, it tells me I don't have permission !! Irony !
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    Hi @brownz

If you use Firefox or Safari see if you go to File and select Private Window from the menu and then go to your Profile page and see if you can change it.

Doug
    Worked OK from the PC, I guess it just doesn't like chrome on phones.
  • bigbig Posts: 1,626
    Superuser
    TomTom has indicated you can contact them if you'd like to be "unsubscribed" from the charging station updates.