Transfer of voice to START 52

bigal1957
bigal1957 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Can anyone please Help. Have got a New TomTom Start 52 and I have voices on My PC from an old TomTom,
I wnted to put them onto My new Device but when I Connect it to My PC it doesn`t come up as a new Drive so can`t drag and drop the Voices into the voice folder on the Device.
Has anyone got a clue.

Best Answer

Answers

• bigal1957
    bigal1957 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited February 2020
    Hi @DougLap,
    Thank You for a Quick Reply to My Question.
    I was just looking for something Fun to add to My device as the in built voices are
    a little bland.
    The ones I had for My Old TomTom Go where Fun and had a bit of Character.
    Thanks once again for the Info.
  • Scientwist
    Scientwist Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    Hello there, sorry to bump an old post but I was searching for the same thing as Bigal was. I have an old GlaDos voice pack a user on reddit made some time ago and I had used it flawlessly on my old GO before it nuked itself (battery blew up, bad) I just got a Start 52. @DougLap , do you think @VikramK would be able to convert it? I'd love you all to death if you could make this a reality for me again.
  • leach53
    leach53 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have the same problem, would love to use my darth vader and marylin monroe voices again. where do i post them?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,851
    Superuser
    Hi @leach53

If the voices are compatible with your Start 52 then @VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and add the voices to your account so you can load them on the unit. Look back here here tomorrow to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,787
    Hi @leach53
    Welcome to the community! Darth Vader voices has been activated or your TomTom. Please check for updates now.

Unfortunately, we don't have 'Marylin Monroe' voice.

Regards, Vikram
  • leach53
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for Darth Vader, would you have Joanna Lumley? or rachel riley?
  • VikramK

leach53 wrote: »
    would you have Joanna Lumley? or rachel riley?

Sorry, those voices are not available :(

- Vikram

• leach53
    Apprentice Seeker
    Is there a list of celebrity voices that are available, or is it possible to convert old tom tom voices in any way? I really loved the way you could add them by just drag and drop.
  • VikramK
    Hi @leach53
    START 52 does not support adding customized voices.
    Supported voices can be added using MyDrive Connect after they are active on the account.

You will find the list of available voices here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/navigation-voices/

Regards, Vikram
  • dd36
    dd36 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    Hi,

Apologies for commenting on a slightly older post. I would like to add some fun voices to my TomTom Start 50, but I'm starting to get the sense that it's not as easy as it used to be with newer devices. From this post, it seems @VikramK can add voices to an account. I'm not sure which voices are available but I would love to get Yoda or Darth Vader on my TomTom. Could I maybe get those activated on my account? That would be amazing.

Kind Regards,
    Daan
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,851
    Superuser
    Hi @dd36

The "Celebrity" voices such as the 2 you mention are no longer supported by TT so cannot be added to your account.

Doug
  • dd36
    dd36 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    Hi @DougLap,

Thanks for your reply. It's a shame that it's not supported anymore, it seemed really fun.