Rider 550 - not using MyDrive IOS - use Personal Hotspot w/o Bluetooth? — TomTom Community

Rider 550 - not using MyDrive IOS - use Personal Hotspot w/o Bluetooth?

SonicBoomSonicBoom Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
Went to use 550 in car but had all the issues with mydrive/IOS - so I understand in the meantime use Personal Hotspot for Traffice Data - do I need Bluetooth connection as well (not via MyDrive app)? Hope that makes sense!

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 477 [Supreme Pioneer]
    No BlueTooth, Just use the WiFi Hotspot.

Remove BT connection on Rider and iPhone for more stable WiFi.
  • Cyborg1963Cyborg1963 Posts: 15 [Legendary Explorer]
    SonicBoom wrote: »
    Went to use 550 in car but had all the issues with mydrive/IOS - so I understand in the meantime use Personal Hotspot for Traffice Data - do I need Bluetooth connection as well (not via MyDrive app)? Hope that makes sense!

Read in this discussion, at the bottom of page 11 I posted a temporary solution

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1117563/bluetooth-connectivity-issues-for-wi-fi-devices-and-ios-13/p11
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Below is is a screen-shot of Cyborg1963's workaround for the Bluetooth and iPhone problem, in case you have difficulty finding his original post. The screen-shot comes from the thread Rider 550 & iPhone XS Bluetooth Connectivity Problem, it's the 13th post from the start of the discussion.

I tried Cyborg's fix and it worked for me. But, it seems that today TomTom has released an updated version of the MyDrive app for the iPhone (see this discussion: New version 2.1.3), hopefully that new version of the app will solve the Bluetooth connectivity problem and eliminate the need for the workaround.

Cyborg, thanks a lot for sharing that fix, it was very kind of you to write it up for us.

Michael

Capture%20Tomtom.JPG