First: Can I install my places from XXL 500 device? — TomTom Community

First: Can I install my places from XXL 500 device?

azhotazhot Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Just got the GO Supreme 6". I have numerous places on my old XXL, mostly in Mexico. Is there a way to load them into my new device?
Second, a comment, although the new one is supposed to be so much better than the XXL, I'm finding it harder to do what I want. Instead of just asking for a route to a city, I have to name a hotel, or a restaurant, or a street...not just the city. Otherwise, I don't get directions. If I'm travelling through numerous cities, I may want to plan it a city at a time before I get to where I want to go. So apparently I have to enter my final address destination and then go through it to see if I am going the way I really want to. It just doesn't seem as flexible as it was on my XXL which still works except the charging end connector fell off and got lost. It got to the border by city only but once I crossed it requested additional address info. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Haven't spent enough time on it but I'm finding it harder to get to the screen I want unlike my XXL, besides the daylight few is so bright it's bothersome.

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    If you are talking about pois, see here:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24851

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,459
    Superusers
    edited January 2020
    Hi
    @azhot

Are you using 'Quick Search' or 'Step by Step Search'
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose....
    Quick search (The Best)
    Step by Step

I've entered many Cities, Towns and Village Centres
    e.g... Bewdley Town (Using 'Quick Search')
    I enter Bewd (Or as Much of Bewdley so that the device offers... Bewdley (DY12) in the Left-hand column
    Tap the offered... Bewdley (DY12)
    Now on the Right-hand column, the device offers... Bewdley (centre)
    Tap the offered... Bewdley (centre)
    Tap the blue (Drive) Icon

Also Try... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search --> Tap 'Whole Map' Icon (Screen Top Right)
    Select 'In a Town or City'

ATB YFM
  • azhotazhot Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I checked the link and will try it. Looks like what I want. Will let you know once I get everything sorted -- at my age thought everything would outlive me but now I'm stuck with new gps, new computer, new phone..new cats! Thanks.