Issue with discount — TomTom Community

Issue with discount

Hi,

I received an email this morning with an offer of a 40% discount. When I click through to the website it is only a 30% discount. When I try to make the purchase I'm told the discount does not apply.

Does anyone have an email address for someone at tom-tom who I can send screenshots to to get this resolved?

I assume this is a genuine error rather than a deliberate bait and switch.

52y1mbxc5gab.png
jtque6annn5i.png
trwwhqpih6ow.png

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,895
    Superuser
    edited January 2020
    Hi @ChrisL12

Here is the Customer Support number which should be a better way to resolve the problem and they can take your order for you.. Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

Doug
  • ChrisL12ChrisL12 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I've just spent about 25 minutes on the phone with them. They gave me three other 40% discount codes to try but none of them worked for the device advertised in the email.

The only thing they offered is that I can pay full price and submit a request for a refund for the difference. They said they "are only the customer support team" and are not able to resolve the issue.

At this point I'm going to give up. I wasn't planning to buy a new device until I saw the advert that tom tom emailed me specifically about the supreme. I've logged a complaint with the FTC about the misleading advertising and will leave it at that.