Oskar (no, not a question!) — TomTom Community

Oskar (no, not a question!)

Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
edited January 2020 in Forum feedback
Hi to all of you

I'm used to introduce myself in a forum I want to be a member from. And this is a forum, correct? I use Oskar-2 because this is my account in the German language discussions forum. I will not seek for help, at least I don't think so right now. My native language of course is German and I hope so that my English language skills are good enough for you to understand. It's my true belief that everyone should show respect for any language in the world or better refrain from using it.

My real name is Hans-Peter, but make it just Peter, please! Or Oskar, to keep it simple. I'm born a long way back in 1958, married with my wife Susann and we have two daughters Ann-Kathrin & Carolin. I'm living working near/in Augsburg/Germany just half an hour to Munich, which probably is better known to you, as a commercial director (what an impressive English language title, in German it's just 'Kaufmännischer Leiter') for a mid-size pile drilling company.

Some of you may know me already as a TomTom Beta tester, some others eventually from the former 'MyTomTom' sister forum of the once combined The Netherlands/UK/German forum founded around 2005. I joined the German one in 2007 and soon became first mod then admin. As we all know since 2013 when TomTom introduced their completely all new GO 1000 series and additionally caponized (yes, this what I really mean!) the balls/access to our computers and, by that time, because PND's had long became just one more ordinary device for all of us, user traffic in our forum declined rapidly. So this is why I'm not seeking for help but god knows, maybe I'm still good to offer my help for others on this platform.

And, oh my Lord, please forgive me my grammar, the punctuations and all of my multi-clause sentences! It will get better, eventually. I promise! :)

Cheerio, Oskar!

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,326
    Superusers
    Peter, there is nothing wrong with your English. Welcome.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @Oskar-2

Welcome to the English language part of the forum. Your English is better than my German
  • Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    Thanks to both of you!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,428
    Superusers
    @Oskar-2
    Welcome to the Forum :)

ATB YFM

• Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    And to you as well, YFM!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,904 Moderator
    @Oskar-2

Welcome aboard Peter and thanks for the extensive introduction ;) Looking forward to seeing your contribution to the English part of the community!

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,086 Moderator
    Welcome, Peter! =)