Changing iPhones — TomTom Community

Changing iPhones

Ianj08Ianj08 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have bought a new iPhone 11 how do I change my subscription from my old iPhone 6

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Cheers, Ian! :)

When you get a chance, please mark my comment as an answer so that other users with the same query can find it useful.

lampard

Answers

Hi @Ianj08

Welcome to the Community! Did you already sort this one? If not, just log in on the App with same TomTom account which you used on the old iPhone 6.

Regards, lampard
  • Ianj08Ianj08 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard when I down loaded the app on my new I phone it said I have a free month before I have to pay a subscription
    On my old iPhone I bought the app some years ago for about $80.00 Australian and I have never had to pay a subscription
    Now it's asking me to pay a yearly subscription do they wipe your account when you reload the app
    How much is this new subscription
    Regards Ian
    Thanks, Ian for the update!

When you see the screen showing subscription to purchase on the Go navigation app, can you see the restore purchase option at the bottom of the screen?

I see that you already the active subscription on your account so just select ‘restore purchases’ and log in with your TomTom credentials to continue using the subscription.

Regards, lampard
    Hi Lampard no joy I log in and I get a screen with my email and nothing else maybe I have to wait till the week before it is due to access that page
    The only reason I'm persisting with this is I think tomtom has been one of the easiest and most user friendly gps apps by far how ever their site is a bit like our national airline Qantas and our telecom sites ie about as pleasurable to use as a barbed wire enema
    I tried google maps gps and in my opinion
    Tomtom leaves it for dead it's simplicity on the move is so user friendly as a pilot I find this so important
    Kindest regards Ian
    Hi Ian,

If you're already logged in on Go navigation App, Can you please go to Main Menu> Settings> Subscriptions screen and check if you're able to see the 'Active until' date under it?
    x28zojsxb7mw.jpg

Regards, lampard

Yep it comes up as the 11.12.20
    Mmm I'm sure it was 24 02 20 before
    So in essance a week before that date I highlite that date to renew
    Thanks for confirming that, Ian!

Your 3 years subscription started in 11/2017 and end date is indeed 11/2020 as per the account. All good now, I believe?

lampard
    Hey thanks I really appreciate your time and patients keep up the good work it's a great app
    Cheers n beers Ian
    Accepted Answer
    Cheers, Ian! :)

When you get a chance, please mark my comment as an answer so that other users with the same query can find it useful.

lampard