Suggestion: how long I stay in planned stop? — TomTom Community

Suggestion: how long I stay in planned stop?

Christian63Christian63 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
For Mydrive to be perfect, it would be necessary when preparing a route with stops, that for each stops we can indicate how long (in hours, minutes) we will stay at the stop. This would adjust the arrival time to the final destination.
Second suggestion, if you dont stop on a planned stop, consider that this stop has been made and recalculate the arrival time.
Tagged:

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,204 Moderator
    Hi @Christian63

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the feedback, I will log this to be passed on to the MyDrive Team.

Also would be interesting to see how many of our users would support this and add their voice here.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,419
    Superusers
    edited January 27
    Hi
    @Christian63

A good start would be, if Tomtom resurrected the .ITN Waypoint/Stop definitions of the previous NAV2 devices....

hy2c9tcrety6.jpgWikipedia (Tomtom) Itinerary file...
    See... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itinerary_file
    ATB YFM
  • Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 27
    VikramK wrote: »
    Also would be interesting to see how many of our users would support this and add their voice here.

OK, so here I go:
    For Mydrive to be perfect, it would be necessary when preparing a route with stops, that for each stops we can indicate how long (in hours, minutes) we will stay at the stop. This would adjust the arrival time to the final destination.
    At first sight this may look interesting. You'll get an all-route overview with just one shot. But how would it be reality? I say probably completely useless for any business trip! So just the private ones remain? Anyway, the arrival time would still be unreliable, and even more any stopover is lasting longer. So I say 'No' since the new arrival time shown after awakening/switching on again would be of much more value.
    Second suggestion, if you dont stop on a planned stop, consider that this stop has been made and recalculate the arrival time.
    Isn't this already implemented for the app as well? If not I agree. Up from a certain point definable by math an obviously redundant waypoint should be automatically erased and the rest of the route be recalculated. Maybe accompanied by the question if this is really what the user has in mind.

• YagoobianYagoobian Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Being able to factor in breaks and how long you stop would be very useful.
  • Marcin78Marcin78 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Hi

I just switch from the Garmin device to TomTom and the is one function that makes trip planning very difficult.
    I would like to add some time in a place to stay, e.g. for sightseeing, dinner or accommodation.
    This function is very helpful in estimating how many kilometers I will be able to do in a day or how many days I will need for the whole evaporation.
    Pure ride time doesn't tell how far I can go during the day