App further improvements — TomTom Community

App further improvements

bruceybrucey Posts: 167 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Hi TomTom,

Any idea when we're going to see further notable improvements to the app particularly with regard to traffic information being displayed in main 3D driving view (essential) and also the actual speed (desirable)?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,784 TomTom Moderator
    edited January 27
    Hi @brucey

It's difficult to say when, as we cannot promise that everything forwarded from the community "as feedback" gets implemented in the future.

I will log your request to be passed on and reviewed by our Product team!

Thank you,
    Vikram
  • Clint989Clint989 Posts: 44 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I think a fair estimate of when to expect significant progress would be some time around the backend of the 4th quarter of never. It currently takes approximately 6 months per line of source code altered, so...back of envelope? 2047?
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Clint989 wrote: »
    I think a fair estimate of when to expect significant progress would be some time around the backend of the 4th quarter of never. It currently takes approximately 6 months per line of source code altered, so...back of envelope? 2047?

I think you're being a tad optimistic there, 2047? That is only 27 years you know!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,961 Superuser
    edited January 30
    Hi @smudger64 @Clint989

Seems your estimate for the timescale on updates is poor. Have you accepted the Go Navigation for iPhone update today which has now enabled the Search Facility on the CarPlay screen.

Doug
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @smudger64 @Clint989

Seems your estimate for the timescale on updates is poor. Have you accepted the Go Navigation for iPhone update today which has now enabled the Search Facility on the CarPlay screen.

Doug

Yes, but sadly (for me) that wasn't the the update I was hoping for! For me I want to see My Routes on the Apple app. The MYDrive app is excellent but useless without the ability to save it to the apple app
    Hi @smudger64

Isn't it just the way. :s

It would certainly be helpful to be able to get the data to move from the My Drive App which could be done on the Android App, but I believe not on the current version just rolling out but that may be because it is a new App. This would seem to indicate that Tomtom wishes to provide the service you want but I wonder if the limitation is what Apple will allow as they control the format etc.. I may be wrong but I don't think any of the other apps have a similar facility.

Heres hoping

Doug
  • RobLeedsRobLeeds Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @DougLap You're missing a lot of iPhone apps which have working `My Routes` functionality, one of them is Calimoto app - you can create you route via web portal (similar to My Drive) and next sync it with iPhone app and start it on your phone in no time. So clearly it's not an Apple limitation but more missing feature on iOS TomTom GO app. Btw, my GO license is due to renew next month and I'm already fed up of waiting for this update so will probably stick to Calimoto app instead.

Rob
    HI @RobLeeds

I don't have a motorbike and so have not considered any app designed for them.

When I look at the Calimoto App you create the route in the App and then use the same app to direct you along the route generated. If it does more than that then I have not seen that possibility yet.

You create routes in the GO Navigator App and follow them what I was referring to was the Option to develop a route in an App then be able to send it to another App ie from the My Drive App to the Go Navigator App. Its the communication between different Apps that may be an issue.

Doug