Hello and improvements to app
Im a taxi driver and I have used/ tried lots of different apps. The last set up I preferred was TomTom speed camera widget over Here Maps but I get a few problems with HERE every now and then but I do love the set up/ look of it.
Now I got a surprise when I went to open tomtom and found it had been updated. I have tested it this over many hours on the road and just wanted to put a few suggestions across as well as tell you about likes and dislikes of the new set up.
Ok first the navigation side of the app is pretty good, I'm impressed, the search engine works well too but the whole thing needs a few things put right.
What I would like to see happen with this app to get it pretty much perfect...….
1) The visual warnings, I hate what has been done with this, I would love to see the amber/ red warning bar back either on the bottom where it used to be or along the top either would be much better than what we have now. It used to catch my eye straight away it was a brilliant. PLEASE BRING IT BACK
2) I would love to have a landscape mode, yes it works now but has the car (triangle) off centre, I prefer landscape mode because it keeps my phone lower out of the way of the screen plus whilst driving along a road I can see more of the streets/ names. Reason is when driving the taxi I have a fair idea where a certain street is and rather than setting the navigator I just like to see when I'm approaching it.
3) Font size for me is a little small with my poor peepers these days, maybe an option to adjust the size a little would be great.
4) The spoken warning sounds. These are terrible on my Moto G and I had the same fault before the app was updated but that got put right. What happens is the warning fades in slowly so I miss the beginning of the message, maybe instant loud sound or a delay might work better.
5) Last thing, I would love to know the name of the street or road in bold letters at the bottom of the screen at all times.
These few improvements would make this app more desirable than any other for me. I know alot of people just wanted the old style tomtom speed cameras but maybe if the widget was exactly the same as it used to be that would make everyone happy/ best of both worlds.