Watch not functioning — TomTom Community

Watch not functioning

HorningHorning Posts: 20 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi I recently purchased a new charger cable but cannot perform a factory reset as it keeps failing and now have an error message on my watch 'NoLangFile!' Please advise how I can fix this up as the watch is now useless.

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,393
    Community Manager
    I see you already had a chat session with support and were advised to try a factory reset. From what I understand your watch is stuck in recovery mode but is not managing to re-install the software. In this state, you may try forcing the watch again into recovery mode manually to try again. The steps for that are given at the bottom of the FAQ you ware already given: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393 (reset in recovery mode).
  • HorningHorning Posts: 20 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Jurgen, all these steps have been tried by the administrator at work. Nothing works.

When I connect watch error message is 'we could not sync your settings'

Community Manager
    In your situation, to get the recovery mode reset right, rather than the watch showing a watch connected to a computer it should show a USB plug. Disconnect the USB cable fro your computer, place the watch into the dock, press down and keep pressing down. While pressing down, connect the USB cable back into the computer. Keep pressing down until the watch shows a USB plug. The reset the watch.
    Tried that but it asks me to register my device
    Ok managed to get to the reset page but it gets a quarter way than message 'oops something has gone wrong' Cannot get past this
    Community Manager
    Yes, register it with your existing account by logging into that account.
    How do you register as I go into my account and I do not see anywhere to confirm my registration
    Community Manager
    Try a regular reset again. When it ask you to register, just use the option for an existing account and log into that account.
    I've done all that but no success - keep encountering 'oops there is a problem'.
    Community Manager
    Windows or Mac?
    Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    There should be log files in the following location:
    Windows: C:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\TomTom\MySportsConnect
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/TomTom/MySportsConnect/

Can you please attache them to your latest support incident and let me know when done?
    I'm on windows

7xpow43nm6ld.jpg
    r12oxhzb7ecp.jpg
    3iaqkj5qr7sz.jpg
    Community Manager
    Can you please still attach the files to the support incident from your last chat session? I can then check if there are references to failures.
    Subject: Incident: 200122-002985

Response
    For your records, below you will be able to find the transcript of your conversation with Agnes.
    Subject
    TomTom: Chat session.

Auto-Response By (Administrator) (22/01/2020 11.10 AM)
    For your records, below you will be able to find the transcript of your conversation with Agnes.
    Chat By Chat (Agnes) (22/01/2020 11.10 AM)
    Hello. My name is Agnes. How may I help you?
    Agnes: Hello, Stefania.
    Agnes: Thank you for the picture.
    Agnes: I can see that you are unable to find QuickGpsfix.
    Stefania Horning: Hi Agnes, I recently bought a new charger cable but now watch is stuck on reset. I will enclose snapshots of what the error message is on the watch. We have also tried to reinstall drivers but no success
    Agnes: I am sorry to know that you are facing an issue with your watch.
    Agnes: What happens when you connect the watch to your computer using the watch cable? Do you see a battery charging icon on the watch?
    Stefania Horning: Yes the icon comes on and the watch charges but as soon as I remove cable it defaults back to image of computer connecting to watch and the site 'reset'
    Agnes: I would request you to perform Poweroff reset from the link below on the watch and then check if the watch is working fine.
    Agnes: https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17393/#factory-reset
    Stefania Horning: I have tried that to no avail. My concern is the message noLangFile! on the watch
    Stefania Horning: Keep getting message Oops there is an error
    Agnes: Are you connecting your watch on your work computer?
    Stefania Horning: Yes we have tried several different computers at work.
    Agnes: I would advise to test the watch on a home computer network, as work computers do have restrictions that shall block the MySports software to work without issues.
    Agnes: In case you have tested it on a Home Network we will need to book the watch for repair.
    Stefania Horning: That is not the problem as IT have tested it where they have access to everything. It is not worth repairing at 95 euros. I was really hoping to fix this online. I will have to buy another brand watch.
    Agnes: I can understand your concern Stefania.
    Stefania Horning: Thanks and goodbye
    'Stefania Horning' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

Community Manager
    I can see your chat sessions, but I's need you to attache your log files to that incident like you did with the images of the error on the watch.
    fknb03080861.docx
    Hope this is what you want and that it assists in fixing my watch.
    Can the watch be fixed or not please?
    Please can I have an update as I need to decide whether to give up on my TomTom watch and buy another sports watch
    Community Manager
    I still cannot access your log files. These logs would list failures. My fear is that there is a failure accessing the watch memory.

The recovery mode reset went well but during setup after that reset the settings of the watch and the settings of the Sports Connect desktop app need to be written to the watch memory. It looks like that is not possible which is likely due to a defect of the memory on the watch.
    zb9lv0yf6665.jpg
    6o6ndr69rob1.jpg