How to download UK map only — TomTom Community

How to download UK map only

SlinksSlinks Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I am trying tp update my UK map as I do not require maps for Europe. I am struggling to do this due to space limitations. I have deleted my old Europe/UK map and downloaded a smaller one but still have not created enough space. This is the first time I have updated my Tom Tom and I cannot believe that a simple map update of the UK appears to be an issue. I even deleted all voices so there is currently only a very small map installed (21MB). Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,402
    Superusers
    edited January 2020
    Hi
    @Slinks

The NAV4 devices like the GO 5000 were supplied with one Map of the sales area where the device was purchased i.e... UK Devices = Full Europe map, any other Maps were purchased separately
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up in the Morning Check for any live Map subscriptions and Maybe allocate a small Map to act as a keeper
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Later NAV4 like the GO 5100 and the latest NAV5 (Wif-Fi) devices have 16GB Memory and Free World Maps....

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,883 Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Hi Slinks

Welcome to the community!

Your device has around 6 GB of free space available. You have a model with World maps and so the map of UK and ROI should get offered for download.

What makes you think that there is not enough space available to install this map.

Regards
    Vikram