My watch has gone blank — TomTom Community

My watch has gone blank

Paul RodgersPaul Rodgers Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
My watch has gone blank and is not connecting to the computer, I have tried to charge it and i am unable to do a soft reset or factory reset as the watch is not switching on at all , Purchased Dec 18 can you please advise

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Did you buy it on December 18, 2019? Are you aware TT Sports went out of business over two years ago and ceased all production and development and severely curtailed support (email only and chat during India business hours)? My suggestion would be to return it and go with a product that was not discontinued over 2 years ago and has no support or future, it is obsolete and dead.

I would try to perform a reset on your watch using the recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Place your watch in the dock before you connect the dock to the computer.
    2. On your watch, move DOWN but keep the button pressed. If the USB port on your computer is not easily accessible, connect the dock to the computer without the watch. Then move down from the clock screen while you slide the watch into the dock.
    3. Connect the dock to the computer. Keep pressing the button until your watch shows tomtom.com/reset.
    4. Release the button and wait for Sports Connect to show Update.
    5. Click Update in Sports Connect.

That may bring it back to life but I strongly suggest returning it if you can and getting a watch that is not discontinued and from a brand active in the market.