How to mount a TomTom GO Basic on the dashboard or air-vent ? — TomTom Community

How to mount a TomTom GO Basic on the dashboard or air-vent ?

tr6666tr6666 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have just bought a Tomtom go basic. Looking at the tomtom products and can't find any dash board or air vent mount that is compatabile with it. I don't want to mount it on the winscreen because I have already got a dash cam. Can anyone help please?

thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• tr6666tr6666 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. I now managed to unclip the mount, changed the direction of the device and reclipped it back so it can actually sit on the dashboard with the device screen the right way up (have not actually installed it in the car yet). Not sure how the suction will work on the dash board so I think I will buy a disk to sit on the dashboard, then use the suction on the disk. Fingers cross and it should fit together.

Thank you again for your help.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,397
    Superusers
    edited January 2020
    Hi
    @tr6666

I use the Dashboard Mount Disks... Never had a problem using them :)

This video explains how to rotate the integrated mount of a TomTom START 42, 52, 62 and a TomTom VIA 52 & 62 for Windscreen or Dashboard Mounting

Dashboard Mount Disks
    Mount your device on the dashboard for optimal safety & convenience
    Here...https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/mounts-docks/dashboard-mount-disks/

Tomtom do not recommend the Air-vent Mount for the 6" Models, the Air-vent Mount is only for use with the 5" models, they are concerned about the weight of the 6" devices on the air-vent slats

ATB YFM