How can I set up smart car with Smart Media Connect, it asks to connect by USB?? — TomTom Community

How can I set up smart car with Smart Media Connect, it asks to connect by USB??

ArthurDoyleArthurDoyle Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I bought an approved used Smart fourtwo.(2015) It has the Tomtom smart media system, but the SD card is blank.
Installing the windows software Smart media Connect I can't do anything because it asks me to connect by USB. There is no way to get round that step. No option to use SD card

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,678 Moderator
    Hi @ArthurDoyle

Welcome to the community!

The Smart Fourtwo models require MyDrive Connect software application.

You can download the latest version from this link- https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12428

Using a card reader you can connect it to the computer and it should be recognized as a device in MyDrive Connect application.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ArthurDoyleArthurDoyle Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    But the SD Card is unrecognised. It Doesn't appear on "my computer " either. It might be the card is failed? Can I format a new card to work?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,678 Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Hi @ArthurDoyle

It's NOT recommended to format the memory card for the Smart Media models as these devices cannot be reinitialised like some of the other TomTom's in the built-in category.

The Smart Media carries the interface of a TomTom Nav3 model, which means the device/SD card has protected content that can be accessed using MyDrive Connect application.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ArthurDoyleArthurDoyle Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    but I didn't.

The "smart car" SD card is not recognised either by the car or my PC