How do I rename and change the order of My Saved Routes on my GO 6000/6002? — TomTom Community

How do I rename and change the order of My Saved Routes on my GO 6000/6002?

I have recorded and saved a lot of routes on my device, for work, but would now like to change the name of the saved route and also the order in which they appear on my device. How is this done ?? If at all possible. If not, why not ????

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,025 Superuser
    edited January 16
    Hi @MattM

If you go to the list of My Routes in My Drive on your PC or a Phone/Tablet App and Click on a route then Edit Route at the bottom then add a 1 at the end of the existing Route name it will appear as a new route in the My Routes list. You can now delete the originally named one and when you have finished them all you can start your device and it will remove the old ones and add the new ones to your device.

Doug
  • MattMMattM Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for that.. That was my first thought. However, when I connect my device to the PC and open My Drive the My Routes option on the left is empty. The recorded routes are on the device but do not appear in My Drive.????? On the device the edit option on the My Routes list only allows a route to be deleted not actually edited. So therefore, cannot find a way of changing the list sequence or the route names...
  • MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 72 [Supreme Navigator]
    I may be misunderstanding the question but you can change the name of a route on MyDrive using the little pencil top right hand corner of route!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,025 Superuser
    Hi @MyNameAllreadyExists

His problem is that he has used the recording facility on the Tomtom unit and saved the routes to it. Recorded routes do not sync back to your account and so do not appear in the My Routes list when you open My Drive. He cannot change the routes names on the device.

Doug
  • MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 72 [Supreme Navigator]
    Sorry Doug, I learn something new every day! I thought it was too easy!!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,864 Superusers
    edited January 17
    Hi
    @MattM
    MattM wrote: »
    (Snip) On the device the edit option on the My Routes list only allows a route to be deleted not actually edited. So therefore, cannot find a way of changing the list sequence or the route names...
    I think the instructions on the screen are lacking in clarity....

a5q48osk2s1k.jpgIt should read....
    To save one of these routes
    Select the route
    When the route has calculated...
    Tap anywhere on the displayed route
    A Quick Menu opens... Tap (Save)

9alyp7ayctfm.jpgA new Window opens
    If required Edit the route name before saving...

ATB YFM
  • MattMMattM Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug, that does explain my problem but what a long winded way of doing things when you would think that once connected to PC it would all be synced.....