Finetuning of map display — TomTom Community

Finetuning of map display

Have been using the v2 app since it came out, and on a subscription now. For me it works quite well.
I have a few suggestions for changes:

1)
When I just drive around in the city I have the map in 2D mode. In that way it is easy to see traffic jams in a larger area. The position cursor is however way too large here in my opinion. The curser covers quite some map area. A cursor of just half the size in 2D mode would be more than enough.

2)
Default 2D zoom level is covering a too large area in my opinion. So I always zoom a bit in. It would be nice if the app remembers this 2D zoom level the next time I launch the app.

Comments

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    The old app kind zoomed in and out depending on speed. I thought that was a nice feature. For me, 2.0.? had no traffic at all. Turned on but displayed no info.
  • JerroldJerrold Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Recently I had to reset my phone to factory settings.
    When I reinstalled TomTom Go app I found the zoom while driving worked brilliantly.I could follow where I was. Now it has reverted to being zoomed out and difficult to see any detail.
    I have tried all of the view setting and the my location button. Am I missing something?
    My phone runs Android 10
    J
  • scoobyflewscoobyflew Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    2d zoom has been shocking since the major update, it's pretty much useless. When on a route it needs to zoon to next turn. If I'm on a motorway it just shows about 300m of map ahead, completely useless.
    They need to look at Copilot 2D as it's 10x better.