Returning my GO Premium X for repair — TomTom Community

Returning my GO Premium X for repair

Hello,

I have been advised (in another TT Chat forum) to turn to this forum for advice on returning my GPS which closes down after travelling for 2 hours or less even though it is inserted in the car charger while driving. I live in Sweden. My GPS is still under warranty.

Hope you can help.

Evert C.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,267
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Tired of TomTom

Sverige (Sweden)
    Now Chat only....
    Chattimmarna visas i nedanstående lista.
    Måndag - Fredag: 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM CEST
    Lördag - Söndag: Stängt

ATB YFM
  • Tired of TomTomTired of TomTom Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    OK YamFazMan, Use Chat room - BUT what is the address? or How do I get into the chat room? I am a bit old and not familiar with the workings of chat rooms.

The easiest would be if TomTom showed a link to the respective chat room or if you could provide the link in your answer. Then, if I may add a further remark. Why does it have to be so difficult to get in contact with TomTom which they are legally obliged to provide.

EC
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,755
    Superuser
    edited January 2020
    HI @Tired of TomTom

The information is available from this page.

Scroll to the bottom of this page and make sure it says Sweden. If not Click on Country and change it.

Tap Contact Us under Support
    Work your way through to options to identify the Tomtom Unit you are wanting to communicate about. Ie
    Tap Navigation Devices
    Tap Car
    Tap Tomtom GO
    Tap Go Premium
    Tap the Options list and Select Troubleshoot

Now you have the links to Chat or Email.

Doug
    Thank you Dough! Got it! Will test it next week.

EC
    Dough, it is a long time since we had contact on this matter (Corona came in between) and now I still can't follow your advice. Why does it have to be so difficult to contact Tom Tom?
    I clicked on ?Support on this page, BUT there is no Contact Us, all I see is a magnifying glass which to me indicates that I should ask a question, but that is not your advice, so I am still at a loss. Is this the wrong support button? If so where is the correct button?

I also logged in to Tom Tom and tried the support button but that did not work.

HELP!

EC
    PS,
    I also scrolled to the bottom of this page and made sure it said Sverige (Sweden), clicked on Contact and the result is a magnifying glass!

Your advice is to work my way through to options. But where should I work my way through? There are no alternatives which I can choose. Another problem, when I now check at the bottom of this page I have English to the right, but no country AND no place where I can change country. It is enough to drive on crazy.

EC
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,755
    Superuser
    Hi @Tired of TomTom

That will teach you to wait before you do it. 😂😂

It has changed since January. Have a look at this.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1723045/#Comment_1723045

Doug