WHY IS ROUTE PLANNING NOT SIMPLE? — TomTom Community

WHY IS ROUTE PLANNING NOT SIMPLE?

yakkeryakker Posts: 35 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I have changed from a Rider 2 to a new 550 and for route planning it is CRAP. If I plan a route on the PC then transfer it to the 550 we now need to go through this IMPORT procedure. Garmin did this and its rubbish, the rider2 didn't but the 550 does. However once loading the route I check it. If the 550 does not follow the route the edit facility on the 550 is useless. If I add some waypoints on the PC sending the route back to the 550 is a nightmare. You cannot just select 'import' you need to disconnect the usb and reconnect select import send the file, but remembering to delete the file already on the 550 before you do this, otherwise the route does not update. The Rider 2 was easy, send the file, check it, not right, edit on PC send again, overwrite? yes. done.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @yakker
    yakker wrote: »
    If I plan a route on the PC then transfer it to the 550 we now need to go through this IMPORT procedure.

Without using the important functionality you can also sync routes using MyDrive web if you are logged in on your device and MyDrive web using the same TomTom account.

As soon as you save a route it gets listed under My Route in the main menu of the device.

yakker wrote: »
    However once loading the route I check it. If the 550 does not follow the route the edit facility on the 550 is useless. If I add some waypoints on the PC sending the route back to the 550 is a nightmare.

If you save the route as a track when saving it in MyDrive web then the route does not change considering the traffic conditions.

i3fb8p3mqn86.png

Also with MyDrive web, you should be able to edit your routes online-

f8e88knj7iaa.png

Regards
    Vikram