How can I get my GO Premium X repaired or exchanged - it is still under warranty — TomTom Community

How can I get my GO Premium X repaired or exchanged - it is still under warranty

My GO Premium X was sent to me by UPS July 11, 2019 and I received it ca July 15. Since then I have not been able to use the GPS for more than 2 hours at a time before it dies. My guess is that the battery is empty in spite of having it hooked up to the car battery charger. I do not believe that there is a problem either with the TomTom charger (light is on when in car charger), neither do I believe that the car charger is at fault since the Tom Tom charger lights up when plugged into the car charger, also I can charge my I-phone using the TomTom charger or other charger.

I have been looking for a month now to find a way to contact Tom Tom for a warranty repair but no such luck.

I wish to know how I can return the GPS for warranty repair or replacement. I see no such possibility under support. I do not want to select repair at cost since the GPS is still under warranty.
My order no is 40xxxxx97; invoice no 951xxxxx34; serial no ZTxxxxxxxx92 (almost impossible to read even with magnifying glass b/c of small text).

Evert Carlsson
[email protected]

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum.Thanks!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,695 Superuser
    Hi @Tired of TomTom

What country are you in so you can be given your local telephone support number.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,627 Superusers
    edited January 9
    Hi
    @Tired of TomTom

Firstly Make sure the Micro USB Plug is pushed fully home in the USB socket on the GO Premium Mount (It can be a quite a tight fit when used for the first time)

Is the Tomtom Power Adapter a tight sliding fit in the Car Power socket ???
    Some uses have reported some cars having none standard oversize power sockets and the power adapter works it way out and loses contact

Does the device charge up when connected to the Micro USB Plug on the back of your GO Premium and the USB port on your PC or a 5 Volt Mains Powered USB Adapter/Charger

The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 WiFi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1679773/#Comment_1679773

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @Tired of TomTom

Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) button... On the Menu Screen top right is a battery status Icon
    Charging... Displays when Connected to a Power supply
    368fa599-f465-4a45-9274-b2b29b56a6d1.jpg
    Full Charge... Displays when Connected or Not Connected Power supply
    ebebfcff-7cf3-43d5-9479-ef4b7f2a85ed.jpg
    Half Charge... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    5c45ac4c-1a65-45a0-9b3b-8b88879a94cc.jpg
    Low Battery... Displays when NOT Connected Power supply
    29b0c6f3-11f1-4d8f-9543-eef314472a31.jpg
    One of the worst things you can do to a Lithium battery is to run it flat so at a certain percentage of discharge (Unspecified)... The device will go into 'Power Saving Mode' the screen will dull, and the device will eventually turn itself off (Not Sleep)

There is a Battery Status display available on the devices Status Screen
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound Continue to hold the on/off button until the Black & White Status screen is shown.....
    c3623f43-813f-4ddf-9e35-af42824c5331.jpg
    If you are worrying about the device charging, you might consider one of these gadgets
    63a11bd6-9bcb-49ec-b71b-9223d7c334dd.jpgOr

b23e2fef-ffbf-4127-80b0-646533d6f987.jpg
    Simply plug the device into the USB socket and plug your lead into the USB Doctor, the device will display the Voltage and Power being used by your various USB devices
    I have one of each type they're only peanuts to buy, search Amazon/eBay for USB Doctor

ATB YFM
  • Tired of TomTomTired of TomTom Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Doug and ATB YFM for taking time and answering my questions.
    To Doug. I am in Sweden and I would be glad to have a Swedish phone no for Support, unless the no ends with 10 00 in which case I have tried it with no answer.

ATB YFM; I did find the Battery Status Display and I am at present at 100% charged (not surprising since I charge from a wall socket). Similarly I can see the battery status icon on the GPS which also show fully loaded. As to your advice/questions I will certainly try/verify them as best as I can.
    Regarding your question: Does the device (GPS) charge up when connected to the Micro USB Plug ... and the USB port on you PC. I am slightly uncertain what you mean but if you mean, does the GPS start when plugged into my PC the answer is YES. As to the question about the condition of the car power socket, I will have my car in for service next week and I will ask them to verify the condition of the socket (which I believe to be OK).

As much as I appreciate your help I must say that in my opinion this should be handled by TomTom, which should also guarantee the protection of my warranty claim. Now while I fool around and try to find the problem my warranty is running and eventually it will run out. But perhaps that is the whole idea with TomTom's lousy handling of warranty claims and avoiding to have to deal with them,

Thanks again fellows.
    EC
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,695 Superuser
    Hi @Tired of TomTom

I am afraid there is not a Telephone number for Sweden. If you scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Contact Us under Support then work your way through to the page where you get some options for your device and select Troubleshoot you will heve a heading where you can use the Chat facility. They should be able to provide you with he necessary information for returning for repair

Sverige (Sweden)
    Now Chat only
    Chattimmarna visas i nedanstående lista.
    Måndag - Fredag: 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM CEST
    Lördag - Söndag: Stängt.

Doug
    edited January 14
    Hi
    @Tired of TomTom

Sverige (Sweden)
    Now Chat only....
    Chattimmarna visas i nedanstående lista.
    Måndag - Fredag: 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM CEST
    Lördag - Söndag: Stängt

ATB YFM