App not working in heavy city traffic! — TomTom Community

App not working in heavy city traffic!

MarlzMarlz Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I am driving frequently into central Glasgow and when heavy traffic the app goes crazy and takes me in circles which adds time and petrol and it’s enormously frustrating. It tells me to take wring exits and I end up in enormous jams not just once but I am told to do the same erroneous circle 3 or 4 times! Adding up to an hour sitting in jams!
There is one particular place where there are several flyovers and bridges and the Tom Tom seems to get totally confused.
It’s annoying when , same journey on my way back later in the evening with less traffic the sane journey takes minutes with no errors.
Is there anything I can do to the app?
Marlene

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,324 Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Hi @Marlz

Sorry about my late reply! The AmiGO App is positioned as a free app for the daily commute which has the basic turn-by-turn navigation as it was not there earlier in the old speed camera app. We're aiming to improve this functionality in future to provide better navigation so thank you for your feedback.

Regards, lampard

• MarlzMarlz Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hmmm thank you, sorry I must have entered the wrong product info. I have the app but I pay £20 every year ..
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,324 Moderator
    edited January 2020
    No problem, @Marlz

I've moved this topic to the GO Navigation app (iOS) category, I hope this is the App you're talking about? or the old Go Mobile App?

Regards, lampard
    I have the Go mobile app, I didn’t realise this is ‘old’’?
    Is that why it’s not working well.
    I should update?
    I checked and I have Tom Tom Go v . 2.1.2
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,213
    Community Manager
    2.1.2 is the TomTom GO Navigatiion app. Can you give us an exact example for that particular place in Glasgow?
    We'd need:
    • Approx. starting point
    • Approx. destination
    • Where does it go wrong
    • Time of the day
    We'd like to see if we can reproduce this.
    Thanks!
    I am travelling frequently from the south in Kilmarnock always coming into Glasgow via M77 then into M8. I visit various places in Glasgow. When heavy traffic the app starts giving wrong commands and approaching Kingston Bridge over river Clyde, the app tells me to take the next exit into the city , which I have followed many times and it takes me into a circle crossing the bridge in the other direction when crossing the bridge the second time it tells me to take the next exit and sends me in a circle back to cross the bridge again in to the city And repeat! . I have noticed that in areas with many flyovers it gets very confused and tells the wrong commands.
    I travel between 4 and 6.30pm I to Glasgow during the week. This , described is the worst offending area but I still have problems away from the bridge and M8 in central Glasgow. It’s just not reliable...