How to move map while navigating on GO 6200? — TomTom Community

How to move map while navigating on GO 6200?

DarkPDarkP Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
When you're following a route with the map pointing in direction of travel how do you pan the map so you can see other roads?

I only seem to be able to zoom out to see surrounding area unless I change the orientation of the map but then the map view zooms all the way out and you then have to find your current location in the map by zooming in and dragging the map.

Not sure I've explained it too well but hopefully someone understands what I mean!

Answers

  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,862 Superusers
    edited January 8
    Hi
    @DarkP
    DarkP wrote: »
    When you're following a route with the map pointing in direction of travel how do you pan the map so you can see other roads?
    If you repeat tap on the Direction of Travel Icon, above the + and - Signs
    the display will toggle between the North-up Overview Planning Map and the Driving Map view chosen in the Setting menus i.e... 2D (In direction of travel) or 3D

    mulqpd39pdff.jpg
    The direction of Travel Icon is thinner more pointed in the 2D in direction of travel or 3D Driving view

    i82ldz9u5cf1.png
    ATB YFM
  • DarkPDarkP Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply but that wasn't what I was asking. I can switch between the two views with no issue. The problem I have is it seems you're unable to scroll the map when you're in Driving Map view (in 2D - not tried 3D)

    I can switch to North-up view and scroll around and look at roads adjacent to the plotted route but the moment you switch to North-up the map zooms out to show the entire route and you have to zoom in and scroll to find your current place again manually.

    Hopefully that explains the issue better.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,862 Superusers
    edited January 9
    Hi
    @DarkP

    I always drive 2D (In direction of Travel)... I hate the 3D driving view
    Automatic Zoom set to... Based on road type....

    The sequence as I see it....
    I'm driving using my chosen driving view in the Setting Menus...
    For me 2D (In direction of Travel)
    1st Tap --> North-up Overview planning Map
    2nd Tap --> 2D (Indirection of Travel) Max Zoom ???
    3rd Tap --> Return to my chosen driving view (2D (In direction of Travel) Normal Zoom

    I assume its the same 3 Tap sequence for the 3D driving view ???

    ATB YFM
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 643 Superuser
    I don't think this can be done in driving mode - the only way to pan the map around is by switching to the overview map, like you've done.

    I know what you mean though... in a short agonising period when my TomTom wasn't working I had to rely on Waze - which does have this behaviour.
  • DarkPDarkP Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @DarkP

    I always drive 2D (In direction of Travel)... I hate the 3D driving view
    Automatic Zoom set to... Based on road type....

    The sequence as I see it....
    I'm driving using my chosen driving view in the Setting Menus...
    For me 2D (In direction of Travel)
    1st Tap --> North-up Overview planning Map
    2nd Tap --> 2D (Indirection of Travel) Max Zoom ???
    3rd Tap --> Return to my chosen driving view (2D (In direction of Travel) Normal Zoom

    I assume its the same 3 Tap sequence for the 3D driving view ???

    ATB YFM

    Unfortunately you've latched on to something which isn't the issue. There's no problem on how to switch map display modes. The issue is being unable to scroll or pan the map around when you are in Driving Map display mode.

    It seems from what @dmulv has said this isn't currently possible.

    Is there any way of putting such a request to the Tomtom dev teams? Or is it pointless if such requests get ignored?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,862 Superusers
    edited January 11
    Hi
    @DarkP

    You definitely cannot Pan/Scroll the driving view screen, you can only zoom the Driving view screen
    You have to switch to the Planning Overview screen to Pan/Scroll the screen

    ATB YFM
  • DarkPDarkP Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    dmulv wrote: »
    I don't think this can be done in driving mode - the only way to pan the map around is by switching to the overview map, like you've done.

    That's a shame as it is very useful. They really should update this.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online in this Category0