How to update new street segments and address point data? — TomTom Community

How to update new street segments and address point data?

CarbonGISCarbonGIS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I'm the addressing authority for my county, and was wondering if there was a way to upload GIS data for new street segments and addresses, other than the MapShare, when they are generated to insure the most up-to-date information is available.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    Hi @CarbonGIS

Welcome to the community!

I cannot promise but I will try to seek if we can provide you with a contact source where you can send this data.

Is there is a specific challenge you are facing with adding these changes through our MapShare website?

Regards
    Vikram
  • CarbonGISCarbonGIS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your response, Vikram!

We've noticed that road and address data in our county is not current, as a result of street names being changed and addresses being updated for NG911 compliance. (There are a few roads that have had road name and address changes in the last 3 years that have not been updated in your data, in addition to incorrect street names.) We're even missing new roads that have been built as a result of development.

It would be much easier for us to request multiple edits and additions to your street and address data if we could send or upload a shapefile or file geodatabase of the road segments and address points with the associated attribute data, which is how we update other mapping companies. Additionally, our county road centerlines are collected in the field, so they're more accurate than attaching an image to the request in Map Share.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    Hi @CarbonGIS

I have sent you a private message please reply to me there.

Regards
    Vikram.