A bit of a swizz .. offers me Speed cams for 3 Mnths for £1.00 then charges me £9.99 at checkout — TomTom Community

A bit of a swizz .. offers me Speed cams for 3 Mnths for £1.00 then charges me £9.99 at checkout

dmclean2dmclean2 Posts: 98 [Master Traveler]
HI,
A small irritation. Updating the maps on my TT6000 … Its been a while since last update. Sitting watching the update progress I am offered 3 months speed cam updates for £1.00. When I select and progress to login at the purchase screen the discount is retracted and a full price of £9.99 appears. I did this several times and always the same result. I did not buy.

Another irritation with TomTom offering you deal then withdrawing it when you go to accept the deal.

a miffed customer.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    edited January 2020
    Hi @dmclean2

I think the discount codes that get applied in the background for these promotions are not working since 1st January 2020.

Could you please get in touch with our customer service, as they should be in a better position to review the case and provide you with an appropriate discount code or voucher.

Regards
    Vikram
  • dmclean2dmclean2 Posts: 98 [Master Traveler]
    There was no discount code. It was a pure online offer. I will leave it and continue to use Waze.
  • 9251368692513686 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 2020
    Today I received an email with an offer of 3m speed camera update for € 1, I accessed the Tom TOM MY Drive page to make the purchase, I followed the steps that indicate the offer and what is my surprise that the charge to my card It is € 19.95.

I would like how I can request the reimbursement of that amount that is not the one offered to me since I can not agree to contact you
    thanks

Mod edit: Machine translated(Spanish)
  • 9251368692513686 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited January 2020
    I would like to indicate how to request said refund

Mod edit: Machine translated(Spanish)
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,881
    Superuser
    @92513686

Contact customer services on Monday, and press your dissatisfaction with the promotion

Póngase en contacto con el servicio al cliente el lunes y presione su insatisfacción con la promoción.

España (Spain)
    Lunes-Viernes: 09:00-17:30
  • dmclean2dmclean2 Posts: 98 [Master Traveler]
    Hi @92513686
    To be honest I cant be bothered. TomTom will know that this offer was not available. I would have expected them to be proactive rather than say call Customer support. My First tomtom was a TT501 and I have to say throughout all those years the experience with TT support has not met my expectations. I don't have particularly high expectations. I also have the android version of the TT nav and its quite good. However for months they have been promising an upgrade to a newer version but that's appears to be just "Vapor Ware". The days of a dedicated device for a Sat Nav are long gone and I suspect that's taking its toll on TT profits.