Tomtom speed camera subscription — TomTom Community

Tomtom speed camera subscription

wizardteewizardtee Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have been a long loyal user of Tomtom but now feel Tomtom have turned on their customers. Went to update my wife’s speed camera and found we now have to subscribe. We don’t want to or give our bank card detail to Tomtom. Why can’t we still just pay a yearly fee like we always have. May have to cancel Tomtom and go else where
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,758
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
  • wizardteewizardtee Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for the update. The link works. However why doesn’t show when you go on the site for customers to do this for themselves. But thank you so much for your help
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,758
    Superuser
    Hi @wizardtree

I am a customer and found it as I knew there were 2 versions and Just had to find it. The one you have come across is a new product that has been introduced for those with World maps and enable the owners to have cameras data other than in the area in which the product was purchased which has been the situation for cameras data up to now. Also you are able to turn the facility Off and On as you need it as you can restrict paying a subscription to when you need it.

Doug
  • wizardteewizardtee Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Mrs has Europe Map and we used to be able to just get speed camera for the uk. Anyone know if you can just get the speed camera for the uk without subscription??