Lack of Location Names in app memory — TomTom Community

Lack of Location Names in app memory

Harrydog2Harrydog2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
First let me say that I have owned Six TomTom Navigation units since they first came out in the UK.
I still have a GO 400 but thought I would give the mobile app a chance. What a mistake! Though the navigation part is superb the app has no idea of locations of the smaller place names. What I have to do is to go online and find a postcode near where I am going and enter that. Then the app knows where to go.
Hardly 21st century. Why not let us download the complete regional database, we have plenty of spare memory these days in our phones?

Answers

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,159 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 4
    This doesn't sound right. Could you please share a few examples of some of those "smaller places" that your GO 400 can find but not the app.
  • Harrydog2Harrydog2 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have sorted it. You enter the place name and see it on the map, The you touch the name on the map and a drive button appears ,hit drive and it computes the route. No instructions so you have to figure it out for yourself as its different to the GO units.
    Sorry TomTom!
    PS. Try searching for Saint Merryn, Cornwall or Great Hampden, Bucks. You will see what I mean.
    edited January 4
    I am still unsure what is your difficulty.

tz9m59z1t26p.jpg
    g4thy7ck9imk.jpg
    When you start the search are you selecting "Whole Map" in the drop-down below the search bar? If you are set to "Near Me" the app will filter out any places further than about 5 miles from your current location.

(Note those very large distances reflect the fact that I'm now sunbathing in a warm place).
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,754
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Harrydog2

Have you installed ALL of the UK Sub Maps ???

ATB YFM
    edited January 5
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Have you installed ALL of the UK Sub Maps ???
    The GO Mobile app discussed in this forum has no maps smaller than the whole of the British Isles. The upcoming GO Navigation app discussed elsewhere does segment the UK map, however because the OP was able to find on his maps those same "smaller places" that his searching failed to hit upon, that could not be a factor.