Adding poi from mydrive to my new professional 6250 — TomTom Community

Adding poi from mydrive to my new professional 6250

Hello. I'm a truckdriver in Belgium and I have a question. On my old device I had all my clients stored in specific categorized lists. Now I bought a new GO Professional 6250. So I tried to put my 'old' poi onto my new device via the mydrive-app on my computer., the same computer I use to update my old device. But some lists appear empty on my new device. Only the listing name, no poi. Whatdo I have to do to get my 6250 to accept these poi just like the other ones? One of the lists I need on a daily base, so it's really important to me.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,743
    Superusers
    edited July 11
    Hi
    @Trucker1971

Installing 3rd party POI Categories... You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens → Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs.... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) → Settings → Appearance → Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon… Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here the Yellow Pentagon Icons → National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg
    Searching an installed 3rd party POI Category....
    The search engine is excellent you usually only need to type around three characters of the POI name for a hit...
    For example... I have loaded the 3rd party POI's for the National Trust... To show the POI's for "National Trust" on the map, work your way down to option (2)

From the main screen
    Tap (....)4Dot Icon (Screen Bottom left)
    Swipe left or Tap the mid/right edge of the screen to go to and tap the MyPlaces Icon
    Scroll down and select the required POI Category For example "National Trust"
    You now have three options
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type Dud (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list)
    Tap on the offered Dudmaston Hall and select the Drive Icon

fvvl1hj389eu.jpg
    You also have two further options.....
    After the initial "National Trust" POI selection
    There's a dual Icon (screen bottom right) with Three Lines and Two circles

o7rx4qycdyey.jpg
    (1)..... Tap the three Lines Icon (bottom right screen) and a list will appear of the "National Trust" sites in distance order
    (2)...... Tap the Two circle Icon for the "National Trust" sites POI's to appear on the screen (Pinch zoom for detail) (Note..... On the Start range it's easier to tap the plus and minus buttons to zoom the map screen)
    as far as I'm aware it will show the nearest 60ish POI's around your location
    There is also a Keyboard Icon (screen bottom right) to return to the search window from the options (1) and (2)

An example of the generic Icons on the search screen, the Icons are dynamic so the closer you zoom more icons appear

j381fa0ut3qg.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • Trucker1971Trucker1971 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @YamFazMan Itried to import my poi's as you told, and as the tutorial video shows, but all I get i the name of my poi categories. No poi's, only list names. Plenty of free room on the system, so that is no issue. And other imported files the system accepted completely. For example, I imported my poi's in a category I called Concrete, size 5kb. Only the list name, no poi's. And I imported an other category I called Divers, size 224kb, list and poi's imported withouta problem. A 3rd category I imported was Steel, 2kb, and again no problem. I don't understand why the system accepts one list withiut a problem and rejects the contents of an other but keeps the name. Do you have any idea?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Trucker1971

If the POI Categories transferred from an older Tomtom device or maybe a Website offering older POI Categories... Some POI files that worked on the older Tomtom models do not show on the latest NAV4 devices
    If you Load and then Save the POI file to/from the online POI editor...
    http://www.poieditor.com/
    As far as I'm aware it changes/updates the POI file header

Also, try loading the file into Softops POI editor... If it's an iffy file it usually won't load
    the free version of Softops POI editor
    Download SoftTop Tomtom POI Editor to a folder on your desktop; open the folder and un-zip the file.
    My Dropbox account... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/przt4eetzpp4oqf/AAB6X7RjTBilT-xH3p85p0X2a?dl=0
    File checked virus free....
    Using Avast Virus Check & Malware Bytes Virus Check

Note...I think the development SoftTop POI editor has stopped as you can no longer access Google Earth or Maps from within the program and the author does not reply to Email

ATB YFM
  • trucker6000trucker6000 Posts: 152 [Master Explorer]
    TomTom create their own poi' like charging stations and don't use a colour dot, so why can't we use our own?
    JUST ADD THE POI CATEGORIES, LIKE THE OLDER TOMTOMS. If they take features off device.they should be cheaper. Plus i expected extra features buying a 6250 top of the range satnav, not less features than a TomTom One.
  • trucker6000trucker6000 Posts: 152 [Master Explorer]
    As an agency truck driver, I had poi caregories for every transport company with all their depots I drive too, so you see it's next to impossible with 6250.
    Superusers
    edited May 30
    Hi
    @trucker6000

Granted, on the latest devices, scrolling around the Map and tapping an Associated POI Icon is very limited.....
    But you can still install the POI categories for every Transport Company and depots that you need to drive too... I have 107 assorted Personal & 3rd party POI Categories installed on my devices... In truth I hardly use POI Icons and prefer the excellent search engine 'Quick search' you usually only need to type around three characters of the individual POI name for a hit...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1687518/#Comment_1687518

ATB YFM