When trying to view running Activities on my App. They disappear. I'm missing about 13 months

tbebeau
tbebeau Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
When I try to view Activities on my phone/App. I start to scroll down and when I get to Oct. 13th 2019, it disappears and then jumps to Sept. 10th 2017. These runs are visible online, but not appearing on my phone App. any longer

Comments

  • HW90-gal
    HW90-gal Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi,
    I am actually having the exact same problem with mine. My mum has also said she has this issue too.
    We scroll down activities as far as approx Oct 2019 and then it jumps to Oct 2017.... and then vise versa (Oct 17 to Oct 19).
  • Matt23
    Matt23 Registered Users Posts: 0
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,

    I am hoping soneone can help, the app is missing years of running actvity. It shows from today to Nov 19 then jumps back to Jan 2017 with no runs in between. Any ideas on what maybe causing this?
    Thanks
    Matt
  • lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi All,

    Thank you for reporting this! We're already aware of this issue and I'll post back here once it is resolved.

    Regards, lampard
  • BillTheBee
    BillTheBee Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I guess I'm yet another person experiencing the same problem.
  • Fabios
    Fabios Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    also in Italy we have this problem and ask when it is possible to solve, thanks
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,580
    Community Manager
    For me the activities are shown again in the app. Can you check on your phones please?
  • MjRN
    MjRN Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    I still have a similar issue. I have activities from May 2018 on the app, then everything till Feb 2020 is missing. I have app version 10.0.16 Build 945 on Andriod.
  • HW90-gal
    HW90-gal Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Jürgen wrote: »
    For me the activities are shown again in the app. Can you check on your phones please?

    Checked, but still got same issue I'm afraid. Has not changed.
  • stefz2
    stefz2 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    hi, i have the same issue, i m writing on date 15/3/2020.
    Shortly speaking any activity from November 2018 until now (March 2020) is not downloaded and updated in the app. Neither on PC nor Android APP.
    Please can you help?
  • frustrated_user34
    frustrated_user34 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited March 2020
    For some reason none of my activities past March 3rd will not load onto my sports connect. They show up on the app but will not load to the site. So I am unable to transfer my data to Strava. Can someone from Tom Tom please help?
  • anagnost
    anagnost Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Same problem here (Greece). The problem persists some months now!!!

    Could you please do something about this?

    Tomtom are you listening?

    Thanks in advance,
  • tbebeau
    tbebeau Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I started this "thread" on Jan. 3rd. The problem still exists. When trying to view my Activities on the APP, I start to scroll down... When I get to December of 2019, the screen blinks and all of a sudden I jump to Activities from 2017. When I scroll back up a bit, it jumps back to 2020 etc.. VERY ANNOYING. The only way I can view my activities is if I go on my computer. This actually makes the APP on my phone USELESS.
  • Martijn1974
    Martijn1974 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same here. When I look in to the app there is a jump back in time from march this year to october 2016! All runs inbetween this time are not show in the app mysports. But on the computer they still exist! Complete reset of the watch, remove from phone, including first delete all history and others, new install on phone, problem still exist. 😕
  • Chalk Serpent
    Chalk Serpent Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have a Runner 3 with an up to date Android smartphone (Moto G7 Power). For a number of months now, the activities list in the app only shows the last few days then jumps back to 2017 (when I first bought the watch). No activities inbetween show at all.

    If I log into my TomTom account on a PC, all the activities show correctly.

    Anyone got any ideas of what to do to fix this? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and also unpairing the watch from my phone and then connecting it again. Neither of these made a difference.

    Thanks.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    There is nothing to do to fix it, it is a known issue that has been around for some users for many months. TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago and the watches are obsolete so I doubt they are going to fix an issue that only a few users have that cannot be replicated unfortunately.
  • Chalk Serpent
    Chalk Serpent Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    Ah, ok. Must admit I hadn’t realised that TT Sports were not still going as a business.

    Appreciate the answer, thank you.
  • taekimon
    taekimon Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @Chalk Serpent , check this thread out. I have the same issue with the app too!
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1698709#Comment_1698709

    @lampard works for Tomtom. He's a moderator and I'd trust his answers more. Tomtom's aware of the issue and i genuinely hope they are working on it.
  • taekimon
    taekimon Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard ! Any updates on this issue?
    I have tried uninstalling the app, clearing the data and cache then reinstalling ... it still doesn't work!
    I suspect the problem lies with how the app pulls data from the server. Either that or the data base file has a limit on the file size hence it cannot store too much data?

    Meanwhile if you or your team are working on the solution, could you guys allow users to sort their data based on run/bike/swim distance or speed? It will be great if we users can do so in order to compare and monitor performances. eg. for all our 10k runs, we can compare our average heart rate and pace/speed.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    taekimon wrote: »
    Hi @lampard ! Any updates on this issue?
    I have tried uninstalling the app, clearing the data and cache then reinstalling ... it still doesn't work!
    I suspect the problem lies with how the app pulls data from the server. Either that or the data base file has a limit on the file size hence it cannot store too much data?

    Meanwhile if you or your team are working on the solution, could you guys allow users to sort their data based on run/bike/swim distance or speed? It will be great if we users can do so in order to compare and monitor performances. eg. for all our 10k runs, we can compare our average heart rate and pace/speed.

    Nothing is changing on the app or watch. It has been mothballed and is just in maintenance mode. No one is working on a solution for anything.
  • taekimon
    taekimon Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi all, I have managed to resolve the problem of lost data. The problem lies with the Tomtom sports app v10.0.16.

    If you are on an android phone, go to apk pure website to download and install the previous version. But you must first allow your phone to install apps that are not from play store.
    https://m.apkpure.com/tomtom-sports/com.tomtom.Sports

    Now i got all my data back.

    @tbebeau @Chalk Serpent @anagnost @frustrated_user34 @Martijn1974 i hope this helps.

    Nevertheless I hope the developers still try to improve the app. They may be out of business for 2.5 years but their app was last updated 2019 Dec so ...
  • anagnost
    anagnost Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    taekimon wrote: »
    Hi all, I have managed to resolve the problem of lost data. The problem lies with the Tomtom sports app v10.0.16.

    If you are on an android phone, go to apk pure website to download and install the previous version. But you must first allow your phone to install apps that are not from play store.
    https://m.apkpure.com/tomtom-sports/com.tomtom.Sports

    Now i got all my data back.

    @tbebeau @Chalk Serpent @anagnost @frustrated_user34 @Martijn1974 i hope this helps.

    Nevertheless I hope the developers still try to improve the app. They may be out of business for 2.5 years but their app was last updated 2019 Dec so ...

    Thanks a lot. I have my data back.