MyDrive Connect does not find my device — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect does not find my device

jacintainspainjacintainspain Posts: 41 [Master Explorer]
I tried to install a brand new genuine 16GB kingston Micro sd card but MDC cannot find my device it keeps asing me to add new device but fails to add
I put my original Micro sd card back in my device Tomtom Go500 and MDC still will not add my device I am now at my wits end to try and figure out what is going wrong but all I can think is that there is an issue with MDC
VikramK do you have any ideas or suggestions please
Tagged:

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited January 3
    Hi Jacintainspain

I have reviewed that your case which is open with our customer service. I want to avoid duplicating the same replies because I cannot advise anything different.

Like I said before, there are pending download jobs due to which the map installations are getting blocked.

We are unable to try any troubleshooting unless these pending downloads get cleared.

The solution to this would be to keep the device connected to MyDrive Connect and wait for these jobs to complete or fail.

Would you be able to try installing updates on a different computer with a different internet connection? NOT the same network please...

Regards
    Vikram
  • jacintainspainjacintainspain Posts: 41 [Master Explorer]
    Sorry but your suggestion is just not possible
    I understand you do not want to duplicate responses but there is a more complected issue here. I did as you suggestion and left my device and laptop on for over 25 hours with no change to the situation
    I have tried to install a new genuine 16gb Kingston card but MDC will not recognise it
    I have tried to delete my device and let MDC add it again but this will not work
    So I am really at a loss as to how I can download or get any of these queued updates to either download or error and clear
    How long am I suppose to keep my device connected to MDC?
    Why does MDC when it finds my device give me information that is just not possible if it is detecting a new micro card
    Is the micro card actually being used as opposed to the internal memory on my device and if not how does one get that to work?
    I do not like to say this again but so far not one suggestion from customer support has actually been any help whatsoever
    At least you seemed to offer good advice but the suggestion that nothing can be done until the backlog is cleared yet the backlog will not clear so what happens in this situation?
    I honestly believe that there is an issue with MDC and my device My device recognises new memory cards and formats them yet MDC does not either recognise them or find my device so how can I leave it on if it keeps kicking me out and saying the servers are busy or retry to add my device
    I am really just going around in circles and I do not know what I can do except just use my device and not bother with MDC again
    Tried again and got the same message after about 10 mins
    'please try again'
    So it appears nothing is every going to work
    Thanks for your help but I give up with TomTom and MyDriveConnect I have been trying since 24 December 2019 and nothing will clear or work on MDC
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,091
    Superusers
    edited January 3
    Hi
    @jacintainspain

The Memory card that's required is a Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory card
    Some of the latest Super Fast Micro SD card are not compatible with Tomtom devices....

ATB YFM
    Sorry are you saying that the recommended card I purchased is not comparable?
    Us that why MDC in the contents tab is still showing my supplied card?
    If so why when I put my original card in my device MDC is still not finding my device????
    Even stranger the original supplied card is identical in all references to the one that is brand new. The cards are identical
    So your theory seems somewhat flawed to me

Superusers
    edited January 4
    Hi
    @jacintainspain
    Even stranger the original supplied card is identical in all references to the one that is brand new. The cards are identical
    So your theory seems somewhat flawed to me
    All you have stated is its a 16gb Kingston card (You haven't posted the Specifications of the Card )???
    Some of the latest Super Fast Micro SD cards do not use FAT32 Format, so they are not compatible with Tomtom devices....

Have you tried Inserting the Micro SDHC Memory Card and then initiating a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh
    See if the device will then recognises the Memory Card an offer to format the Card

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles.....

ATB YFM
    I have initiated a soft restart on several occasions and the device is plugged into my laptop via the supplied cable
    The Kingston Micro SD Card is Kingston 16gb Micro SD HC I 1 exactly identical in every way and signage as the originally supplied card that was working fine until the other week
    The originally card is Kingston 16gb Micro SD HC I 1 identical
    The new card was formatted to FAT32
    Why do you always seem to make a suggestion that makes me feel that you think I do not understand how computers work?
    I work in the industry please stop patronising me as all I want is to get to the bottom of what is wrong with my system and as far as i can see you and customer service refuse to even consider that the issue could be either with your servers and/or MDC
    My device has now formatted both this new card and a 32gb card and it is still as I keep mentioning showing on the device as being empty
    So why do you keep questioning rather than actually trying to address the issue, I understand that you are trying to help but by seemingly treating me like a complete idiot really is not helping
    Either you can offer practical advice as to how to overcome this issue with MDC that you refuse to acknowledge or please stop telling what I have already done as I have a full working manual in A4 size supplied to me by TomTom when I purchase my device and I know how to read a manual
    I might sound a tad annoyed and I am as we are just going around in circles wasting both our times
    Thank for your help but its not really offered me any solution thus far
    Superusers
    edited January 4
    Hi
    @jacintainspain

I'm the one here making suggestions and tying to help you with your problems....
    Have you read your reply's ??? You're the one with a Chip on your shoulder and the dismissive replies.....

Bye ATB YFM