The symbles used on the screen. — TomTom Community

The symbles used on the screen.

TedfredTedfred Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
There is a cross on the vertical bar on the RHS of the screen. One arm of the cross has an arrow on the top LHS .Can anyone tell me what this icon/button actually does?

Many thanks.

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Tedfred

Clear Route Button. You can stop it appearing if you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Route Bar
    Turn Off Show Clear Route button.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Tedfred

Clear Route Button. You can stop it appearing if you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Route Bar
    Turn Off Show Clear Route button.

Doug
  • TedfredTedfred Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug.

One other question, having by chance got the Tomtom to display the map in the direction that I am travelling, I now find that half way through a journey it decides to turn itself upside down again. Is there any reason why this happens? Further, why is it possible for this to happen, does anyone ever choose to view an upside down map?
    If you could explain how to orientate the map the correct way, in single steps ( ie please don't tell me to go to setting and then ......................as there are about 7 choices to be made after you press settings ( non being are very intuitive) before going on to the actual menu which controls this feature.

Many thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @Tedfred

I am not able to say whether this is possible on a Rider as I have not got one. Maybe @yamfazman can give an opinion on this.

It would be very odd on a Car unit.

Doug
  • TedfredTedfred Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Dear All,

This is a really difficult one!!!!! ON the TomTom my drive website you can can choose a track, lets sat the Cotswold way , there is a menu that allows you to " Sync this route as a track to my devices" It also says Your route will be available as a track in my routes on your tomtom , log into your device using your tomtom account." I assume that " My device" is actually my tomtom Rider??? Unfortunately, having spent 30 mins plus searching every menu and sub menu on my tomtom I can not find any icon that states " log into your device" So we have actually hit a brick wall! Can someone advice me as to what over complex tortured path Tomtom has devices to allow me to just download a track into my tomtom, there could not possibly be a button that says " download now" could there?