3D view on Android Head-units — TomTom Community

3D view on Android Head-units

Mattchew1296Mattchew1296 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Running the Go app on my android headunit. Everytime navigation starts it's in 2d view. I have to manually change to 3d everytime when I start the app. I would like to do 3d for default is there anyway Todo this.

Answers

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 2020
    It is unclear which app you use. With the older GO Mobile app on a supported smart phone you are able to set the guidance view in Settings / Appearance / Guidance view. With the newer GO Navigation app that same setting will be found in Settings / Zoom & Orientation / Map orientation. Whether your unsupported head unit behaves like a supported smart phone is something you will need to test.
  • GafranGafran Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wich head unit do you have (offtopic)
  • JorritKJorritK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello,

I have TomTom on my iPhone and it works great. So i have instold it on my Android caradio, but wen i start navigating in 3D all the roads are gone. I see the route. But notting els. If i switch to 2D i do see the maps.

I have already reinstold the app and the maps, but it didn’t solf the problem.

Kind regards,

Jorrit Keus
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,178 [Revered Voyager]
    edited January 2020
    There have been a number of similar reports that TomTom apps, which are designed to be used with Android smart phones, do not work with Android car radios and car head units and asking for help. Maybe TomTom will decide to work on those requests but they have not yet said that this is in their current plans.
  • JorritKJorritK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello tgold,

Thank you for you answer. I didn’t know there was a difference between the Android mobil telephone software and the Android car radio software.

So, as long as TomTom does not fix this, there is no other solution then to use another navigation software on my Android car radio/Headunit?

Kind regards,

Jorrit Keus