Carplay speed display — TomTom Community

Carplay speed display

Hi,

why is there no car speed displayed on the side of a speed limit sign? And please do not answer me that Carplay templates do not allow that since they do.

So I would just like to see my gps speed together with the speed limit on the screen.

And the additional time it will take me because of the traffic (like: +1:20min). Either on a map where traffic jam is displayed or at the bottom where arrival time is.

Both options are available as a carplay template since other navigation apps are displaying both information.

Thanks!

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,254 Moderator
    Hi @simage

We do not show the current speed on Carplay screen (just speed limit, which changes colour if you speed). I'll add this as an improvement request for the product team.

Thank you,
    lampard
  • robbie303robbie303 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Exactly !!
    The GPS speed should be able to be displayed on the tomtom app the same way as it is displayed on a tomtom device.
    For me the app is a no go now. :(
  • simagesimage Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
    They announced the addition of the current speed display in the latest update.

Haven’t been able to test it yet since my car is safely parked during this time.

Anyone can confirm this addition?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @simage

Your actual speed appears in CarPlay mode at the bottom of the display by your current position icon. Have to make a trip out tomorrow for first time so will see full display then.

Doug
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 115 [Supreme Navigator]
    Yes can confirm current speed shows next to speed limit in CarPlay mode
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @simage

In CarPlay you no longer get the Speed limit sign and warnings when exceeding it in the top Lefthand corner of the screen

You now get a display, as you see in the App when using it on the phone only, at the bottom of the screen below the Triangular current position Icon. The display has a Speed limit sign ie a White Disc with a Red Rim with the Speed Limit value in it, and next to it your actual speed ie 42mph.. The Actual speed is in White on a Black background which changes to a Red background when you exceed the limit by about 3mph.

Doug