My Account does not recognize migrated Go Mobile service — TomTom Community

My Account does not recognize migrated Go Mobile service

I bought the Go Mobile app several years ago and migrated to the free three years when the Go Navigation subscription service came out. I created the Tomtom account and used it to log into the app. The subscription is due to end this coming October, but in checking My Account on the website, I have an unknown device linked to it, but no App or Subscription.

The app says I can renew the subscription in the week before the current one expires. Will the process be seamless, ie I will be renewing the current subscription when the time comes, or will I have to create a new subscription?

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,600 Moderator
    Hi @Dave_Sanderson

Welcome to the Community! I see that you already 2 years subscription from GO Mobile App till September 2020 on the email address which you used to log in here.

Are you sure you're using the same email address on your iOS device(iTunes account)? When you open the app, do you see an option to restore the purchases?

Regards, lampard
  • Dave_SandersonDave_Sanderson Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It’s the same email address and password for both the Tomtom account and logging into the app (I use 1Password with only one entry for Tomtom).

When I first installed the Go Navigation app I followed all the instructions to migrate from the Go Mobile account purchased through iTunes. It’s been a while so I don’t recall all the steps. I don’t see any "restore the purchases” option when opening the app. I’ve tried logging out and logging back in to see if that produced any change in my account status.
    Hi @Dave_Sanderson

Can you please go to Main Menu> Settings> Subscriptions screen and check if you're able to see the 'Active until' date under it?
    ew3jzw22xbbl.jpg

Regards, lampard
    2020-10-13

Hi, I'm back. As the app tells me my subscription is due to expire on October 10 which is less than a week away, I now see that the option to renew the subscription is available in the Subscription section.

My original question had to do with logging into my account on your website, I did not see the Go Navigation app shown under My Account. I presume that the Go Mobile app there previously disappeared once I migrated. It's all good now.
    edited October 2020
    Thanks, @Dave_Sanderson for coming back!

GO Navigation app notifies 7 days before the subscription expiration date.

Subscriptions with the new app are handled by Google now. To manage/view your subscription, please do the following (within your device):
    • Open Google Play Store
    • Sign in to the correct Google Account
    • Tap Menu> Subscriptions
    • Find GO Navigation
    Regards, lampard
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0