Program an ALERT when Near an added POI - For Go-620 ? — TomTom Community

Program an ALERT when Near an added POI - For Go-620 ?

I got a GO 620 for Christmas and find it difficult migrating some of the features i used before.

Thanks for showing in an earlier post how to add personal POI lists using MyDrive.
However is there a way to program a Spoken ALERT when near an installed POI.?
Also how to set the distance from POI when Spoken Alert will sound.?
This was possible with Go-2000 series.?

Thanks..

Best Answers

Answers

• Ctrl-GPSCtrl-GPS Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks DougLap & miketorcy for your prompt replies. I suspected that was going to be the answer. I looked and looked and those options were just not available. Guess I'll be going back to my NAV-3 unit. I also much prefer my old Nav-3 display for ( ETA and distance to destination). Why did TomTom now make user choose to only display one or the other..ETA-time or Distance..?

When Driving with a GPS it's supposed to be a helpful tool with just a glance. The New TomTom gives drivers less data and makes them take their eyes off the road longer to wait to see both ETA-Time and Distance when that data alternates in the display.

Compared to my Nav-3 the new Nav-4 interface has the feel of a cheap Chinese GPS. Why is TomTom deaf to their customer base.???? And why did they completely redesign the GUI Operating System when they had a great GUI with more features..??? It wouldn't have cost them much to keep and improve what they had. Good thing my Nav-3 still works. Guess I'll be using that until it becomes obsolete.

Thanks for you helpful reply. If TomTom is listening.. Please give users an option to choose the Classic GUI with it's many custom features. I would even pay for that software upgrade.! Think of it as a possible new revenue stream. Please give customization back to the users.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,418
    Superusers
    On the GO620, you can have both distance and time of ETA together.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,452
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ctrl-GPS
    Ctrl-GPS wrote: »
    (Snip) Guess I'll be going back to my NAV-3 unit. I also much prefer my old Nav-3 display for ( ETA and distance to destination). Why did TomTom now make user choose to only display one or the other..ETA-time or Distance..?(Snip)
    For the default width Route Bar....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Appearance --> Route Bar --> Arrival Information... select 'Switch between Distance & Time automatically
    OR
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Appearance --> Route Bar... Select 'Show wide route bar if possible'... Both Distance & Time will be displayed

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    ATB YFM