Attempt Update and get YOU'RE READY TO GO! but no new files on device — TomTom Community

Attempt Update and get YOU'RE READY TO GO! but no new files on device

az10sbumaz10sbum Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
MyDrive Connect sees my TomTom and thinks there are 4 updates available. It downloads them and then when the download is complete, it immediately says that "Your device has been successfully updated." It does not seem to transfer them to the TomTom, and when I look at the TomTom About page, it shows the old map version and says it is 20 months old. What should I do?

Answers

• az10sbumaz10sbum Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I power cycled the device while still plugged into my computer with MyDevice Connect still running, and it came up and now says updating. I think it is really updating the Tom Tom Go 600 now. Hopefully this will work
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,830
    Superuser
    Hi @az10sbum

Do you have any extra memory loaded if so what size? What free memory do you have on the internal and if fitted extra memory?

Did you select all updates to be done in one go if so it is better that thy are done individually.

Doug
  • az10sbumaz10sbum Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have extra memory. There is currently 24GB free on the card, and I think it was a 32GB card. I have 6.6GB free on internal memory. I originally did select to do several updates at once, but the map dwarfed all the other updates. I will do them individually in the future. Is this why I had to restart the device to complete the update, or is that normal procedure and I just missed that?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,830
    Superuser
    Hi

You don’t usually have to restart to complete a download. However when you do downloads it is a useful thing to do a soft reset after the downloads are completed.

Doug