XXL 550 M, lost street names after reinstall. Need digital Susan voice — TomTom Community

XXL 550 M, lost street names after reinstall. Need digital Susan voice

Did complete reinstall of all available software. Don't have backup of old software. Voices that are available are all standard voices. No computer voices. Everything else works great, except without a computer voice I can't get street names. Can anyone get me the digital Susan voice ? Thanks, Glen

Best Answers

• Glen_2BitzGlen_2Bitz Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Vikram, thank you for your help. I installed both Simon and Susan and I'm making a complete backup of the installation. I'll never make the mistake of not having a backup for this unit. Sorry for the venting, Glen

Answers

Hi Vikram, unfortunately TomTom built a GPS unit without enough internal memory to hold an update and the original files. What's worse is that I purchased one of those units. The only way to update the unit is to do a complete erase of the SD card and reinstall the complete unit. I find it very suspicious that the Computer Voices are the only thing missing and unavailable to me on TomTom Home. I'm sure that the they still exist, just not available to me. Am I missing something ? If you could please make Susan and Simon available to me one more time, I'll make sure to keep copies of all the software for my unit. Thanks, Glen
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Vikram, thank you for your help. I installed both Simon and Susan and I'm making a complete backup of the installation. I'll never make the mistake of not having a backup for this unit. Sorry for the venting, Glen
  • TomtomXXL540STomtomXXL540S Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have XXL 540S, and same thing happened after 'Southern US and Mexico' map updates. The computer voices were deleted from device. And now there is NO way to get those voices back, as the only menu choice available for voice is in 'disabled' state. Why does TOMTOM do this?
    I was looking at my notes from when Vikram hooked me up with the Digital Voices Susan and Simon. Usually I take good notes and was hoping the send you just the files. I can't figure it out. Maybe the moderators can help you out with the files you need. Sorry, Glen
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,170
    Superuser
    Hi @TomtomXXL540S

Lets see if @VikramK is able to assist you with the voices.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,269 Moderator
    @Glen_2bitz

Hi Geln

If you have the files for the voice and if you can attach them over here, in one of your comments it would be of great help.

6pcoxpht36gz.png

Not just for @TomtomXXL540S but some of the other users looking for it.

Unfortunately for the Nav2 devices, we cannot activate voices remotely :(

Thank you, Vikram
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    edited August 13
    Hi
    @VikramK
    @Glen_2Bitz
    @TomtomXXL540S
    Welcome to the site....

The Simon & Susan Voice files Zipped.... LoquendoTTS folder
    Link to my DropBox A/C... https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8su8yf6tu49imy/LoquendoTTS.zip?dl=0
    From the Dropbox window... Click on the download Icon... Screen top right....

mkmwakl7vl0x.jpg
    All files checked with Avast AV & Bit-Defender....

This works for me....

I can install all the updates that Tomtom allows for my EOL NAV2 Start device (Including Voices)....

Note... Using this option you will be running a modified version 2_9_91_411 that doesn't call for the latest problematic update to be installed

Firstly... Make a PC Filer copy of your 'Tomtom' Drive... To your PC (Not a Backup using Tomtom Home)
    2nd... Backup any Maps you have in Tomtom Home... To your PC....

Modify Tomtom Home to use older version of Tomtom Home... (Mabe useful for End of Life Tomtom Devices with No further map or other updates)

(1)… Uninstall Tomtom Home
    (2)… Download last "good" version 2_9_91_411 from.... http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe

(3)… Install it without running....
    i.e... uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes

(4)... Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\Tomtom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    (5)… Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.99.99.999"
    (6)… Run Tomtom Home. It will believe to be running the latest version 2.99.99.999 and therefore not pull the update

syepdzxxpdoq.jpg
    dfhrvmrn3cfc.jpg
    7ara29vy1mjv.jpg
    To enlarge... Right Click on image ... Click 'View Image'
    Use Browser Back button to return to the Forum....
    sn0yfpu22fr7.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    edited August 7
    Hi
    Welcome to the site....
    @TomtomXXL540S
    I have XXL 540S, and same thing happened after 'Southern US and Mexico' map updates. The computer voices were deleted from the device... And now there is NO way to get those voices back, as the only menu choice available for voice is in 'disabled' state. Why does Tomtom do this ???
    See the post above this post....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1718391/#Comment_1718391

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I do have all the files for Susan and Simon and a picture of the folder tree where they'll need to go. Just not having luck attaching them to this forum. I do have them up on my OneDrive if you provide with an email address, I'll send you an invite to download them. My apologies if that violates the forums rules, but it'll get the job done.