Start 52 Map Update Not Available — TomTom Community

Start 52 Map Update Not Available

EReederEReeder Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi,
I just bought a brand new Start 52, the UK & ROI map version is 1011.9039, which is 19 months old, I can see from the web site that the latest version is 1040. I have tried resetting the device, re-installing MyDrive Connect, clearing the cache etc, but there is still no map listed under My Maps in the Content tab.

Any other ideas that I haven't already tried?

Best Answers

• EReederEReeder Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Just an update, contacted TT support who activated my content. Had a slight hiccup as when I updated I received an 'invalid map' error, after trying all the suggestions above I rang support who said I had some corrupted files and reset them for me. Now all sorted. Thanks again to @DougLap and @YamFazMan for their help and advice.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,212 Superuser
    Hi @EReeder

Have you logged into your Tomtom account on the Start 52.

Is the device listed in My Drive Connect when you open the software and log into your TT account.

Doug
    Hi, Yes, I've logged into my TomTom account on the device and it's listed in My Device in the software, if I disconnect it from the PC it shows as disconnected.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,146 Superusers
    Hi

Do you have a 8GB or 16GB Start 52 ???

lvwt77lmvhl1.jpg
    If 8GB See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan , My S/N starts XR, so I'm assuming that's a 8GB? Free space is 6.14GB, reading the post you linked to it refers to the latest Europe map, mine is UK & ROI, so I'd expect that to be smaller and not hit the space problem?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,212 Superuser
    Hi @EReeder

In My Drive Connect it should only show the Current map installed on your device under My Maps in My Content . If you click on My Device in My Drive Connect it should show the Start 52 and list there any Updates that are available.

If there are any updates offered always select to load them one at a time with any Operating Software update being chosen first.

If you are not being offered any updates then contact Customer support to have the account sorted.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Doug
    Hi @DougLap
    In My Drive Connect it doesn't show my map at all, just a Loyalty Offer, in updates it shows "Map Share community map update" bu even when I select it, it doesn't update, there was originally an O/S update in the list, which applied fine.

It sound like I'll have to wait until Monday....
    @DougLap, thanks. I'll provide an update once I've contacted TT on Monday
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,146 Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @EReeder

I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folder in the MyDrive Connect can work wonders, its like giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folder)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folder; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folder it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folder and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnecting the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button (Don't reconnect the device just yet)
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘run’ in the search box – open ‘run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folder, they are most likely to be corrupted
    (7)…Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect... You will have to login as if MyDrive Connect was a fresh install... And hopefully all should be well

Note... I've created a Desktop Shortcut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders

ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    Just an update, contacted TT support who activated my content. Had a slight hiccup as when I updated I received an 'invalid map' error, after trying all the suggestions above I rang support who said I had some corrupted files and reset them for me. Now all sorted. Thanks again to @DougLap and @YamFazMan for their help and advice.