Why does 1 of our 2 GO620s NOT update (or warn of) speed cameras ?. — TomTom Community

Why does 1 of our 2 GO620s NOT update (or warn of) speed cameras ?.

The other one does, so do I need separate accounts and if so how do I transfer one to my partner?.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @ryeman

On both devices, the services for Speed cameras look okay.

In case if you have done a recent update, just try a soft reset and test drive it on a planned route.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ryemanryeman Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    They will do a reset by themselves whilst driving on a planned route for some reason.
    I’m losing faith in their inconsistency.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,071
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @ryeman

Re... Multple NAV4 or NAV5 devices on one Account all with the same Email Address & Password... This configuration can give problems if two or more devices are being used at the same time....
    For example....
    Markos01 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have a Go 5000 and a Go 6000 – which my parents use – and both are on the same account. Just recently we were both using our devices simultaneously but heading in different directions, and we both had our routes automatically changed by each other's device which I wasn't expecting!
    What's the solution for this: do I have to take one device off the account and create a new account for it? Will it lose the speed camera subsription if I do this?
    Any help appreciated!
    Answer.... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
    We only use one car at a time .
    One won’t recognise my phone (I have to keep pairing it) and the other won’t update or warn of speed cameras.
    Everything else syncs ok and works normally.
    They will do a reboot occasionally which is at times very inconvenient.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,071
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @ryeman
    ryeman wrote: »
    We only use one car at a time.
    But a least you are now aware of the potential problems of the cross syncing of data between Multiple devices, on a single Account, when both devices are being used at the same time and how to fix it....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686192/#Comment_1686192
    One won’t recognise my phone (I have to keep pairing it) and the other won’t update or warn of speed cameras.
    Everything else syncs ok and works normally.
    Is your Phone an iPhone running v iOS 13 if 'Yes'... Users are finding iOS 13 and Tomtom devices problematic
    They will do a reboot occasionally which is at times very inconvenient.
    I find the NAV5 (Wi-Fi ) devices are more stable in general use if you Turn off the Wi-Fi and only connect the Wi-Fi when any updates are required
    Forget the Wi-fi on the device....
    You can't actually turn-off the Wi-Fi but you can forget it, the device will still be monitoring for a Wi-Fi service but not Connecting & Syncing....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

ATB YFM
    I’ve ordered a Tesla so we will be down to one device soon.
    Do I do a reset on the device I won’t be using and can I then give it to another family member ?.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,598
    Superuser
    Hi @ryeman

If you do a factory reset it will return it to an Out Of the Box setting. The Maps and Operating software will remain as they are at the moment. You can then give it to a family member and they can set it up as their own with their own TT account.

Doug.
    I have set up one to my partners email account, after a factory reset, but in adding places it now suggests I sync to “my places”.
    If it’s a separate account why is it still ‘my’ places rather than ‘hers’ as new ones ?.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,598
    Superuser
    Hi @ryeman

With her Device logged into her account then any My Places that are created in her account or on her Device become her My Places. Also when she defines on her Device her Home and Work places they will sync to her account ie be backed up there.

Now you have done a factory reset on her Device then your My Places you created on it previously will have gone and will not reappear unless they are individually entered again when they are her My Places.

Doug