Corrupt file map — TomTom Community

Corrupt file map

I have a Go 510 and there is a new map update but I keep getting the message that there is not enough room on the memory card to install however it also does not let me uninstall the map as it says I must have a map installed on my device.
When I checked the installed map on my device it informs me that the file is corrupt I have tried to uninstall the map but all I am getting is 'Updating device' and getting ready then a message saying that all the servers are busy and I should try later, however this has been going like this since yesterday morning
How can I either carry out a factory reset or download the corrupted file and replace it with a repaired one?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,823 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @jacintainspain

Firstly I would recommend that you try a clean reinstall of MyDrive Connect. You could also refer to the troubleshooting steps advised by @YamFazMan on this link-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1645417/#Comment_1645417

Once you are able to login to MyDrive Connect, please install a very small map of Venezuela to the internal memory of the device as a back up to avoid the no maps found situation.

Remove the memory card, format it on the computer. Soft reset the device and insert the memory card. Format it again when prompted.

Connect the device again to MyDrive Connect and check for updates under My Content tab.

Regards
    Vikram
  • jacintainspainjacintainspain Posts: 41 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you for your advice which I tried with the same result It will not let me download the suggested map saying there is not enough room on the device
    How would I reformat the memory card on my laptop I have absolutely no idea how to do that as I do not have a card slot for such a small memory card
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,823 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @jacintainspain

There are too many pending download jobs stuck in the process. The installation has to either complete or fail to try any further troubleshooting. So it's really important that you keep the device connected to MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    I have attempted to do what you suggested again and it has now downloaded the Venezuela map but it has just stuck at the screen Downloading items and on the graphic of my laptop it says 100% and underneath it just says checking with the moving three green dots This has been doing this for over 30mins so how long should I leave it?
    Hi again surely this cannot be correct as still nothing has changed and its now been on this screen for over 90 mins
    What can I do to resolve my issues with this TomTom or do I just write it off as broken?
    Okay I really need some help all the above failed at 1308 and just went back to the update screen on myconnect
    How do I get my tomtom working again please?
    Thanks for your lack of support I will now make a formal complaint Very disappointed with this lack of help in resolving my issues with your product and certainly will not be recommending it to anybody
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,014 Superuser
    Hi @jacintainspain

This forum whilst hosted byTtomtom is for customers and the vast majority o contributor are customers trying to help other customers and not employees of Tomtom

There are a handful of forum mods who contribute to the forum and the other similar ones in other languages. The responder you got @vikram is one of the mods and is probably the only one around at the moment as the rest are away for the seasonal break. He also is the only one who can possibly see what activity has taken place at TT's end hence he noted the there were loads of incomplete downloads.

Hopefully @vikram can review this again and see if there is a chance that as you have the Venezuela available whether the No Maps Found option is a possibility.

Doug
    I have been attempting to download the Venezuelan map since 0930 this morning and it is not downloading nor is my unit working All I want to do is speak to somebody at customer service to sort out the issue not have to use a member of the public who is just trying to help people out, does this company not have any sort of customer service or support mechanism
    I have wasted 7 hours on this today alone and I still cannot use the machine
    I understand what you are saying but this really is not good enough, PS I have emailed customer service several time and all I got was the same standard response
    Is there no way I can simply carry out a factory reset?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,860 Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @jacintainspain
    Vikram has posted....
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @jacintainspain
    There are too many pending download jobs stuck in the process. The installation has to either complete or fail to try any further troubleshooting. So it's really important that you keep the device connected to MyDrive Connect.(Snip)
    As as far as I'm aware if you select say 'update all' it creates a queue of downloads, if one of those updates fail you have to wait for the faulty file to time-out on the server and the remaining files in the queue to install or time-out
    If you keep repeatingly clicking on 'Update' it just adds more and more files to the end of the existing queue and makes the situation worse...

ATB YFM
    So what do I do? Just leave my laptop on and my device connected to the laptop until all the queued items have either loaded or failed?
    Surely The company can delete my queue as at present the device is just a brick that does not work at all
    I really need somebody at Tomtom to give me some technical help to clarify the situation
    But thanks for your help and advice
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,860 Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi

@jacintainspain

See what @VikramK says on Monday
    Or as dhn says ring the Support numbers: (Also on Monday)
    Don't forget it's the Christmas break, I‘m not sure when they return ???
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

ATB YFM