Disable charging stations - how? — TomTom Community

Disable charging stations - how?

How can I disable the charging stations on my map; this is really distracting if you don't have any use

Best Answer

Answers

• MarcelAlderweireldMarcelAlderweireld Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @MarcelAlderweireld

Your welcome.

Doug
  • cdmoltercdmolter Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    The trucker 620 does not have "POI lists" and you can't disable the charging stations under the edit list. Why do truckers need charging stations on the screen? We may in the future but right now it is distracting as that is the most listed pop up.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,475
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @cdmolter
    Welcome to the site....
    The Trucker 620 is the American Truck Model, based on a NAV5 Wifi device....
    cdmolter wrote: »
    (Snip) You can't disable the charging stations under the edit list. Why do truckers need charging stations on the screen? We may in the future but right now it is distracting as that is the most listed pop up.
    You should be able the Hide/Deselect Charging Station... See below
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Scroll down to 'Charging Station' Tap Hide
    Tap the Blue ( ^ ) Icon... Screen top right to exit....
    cdmolter wrote: »
    The Trucker 620 does not have "POI lists"
    Installing 3rd party POI Categories...
    You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive

Displaying Personal POIs on the Driving View/Map
    Be aware... You can't install the POI associated .BMP files
    You can only use the 5 Tomtom supplied generic Icons....

13s1zlb8gssy.jpg
    But you can use one icon for for more than one POI category i.e... place all your fuel categories under one Icon, then if you tap on a nearby 'say' Fuel Icon a Quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot Icon for more options & more Information

Setup... After installing your Personal or 3rd party POIs....Tap 4Dot (....Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Show POI lists on the Map
    It says a restart is required, but I've never found it to be necessary
    After choosing the Generic Icon.. Tap the coloured (^) Icon screen top right... Pinch zoom the Map, the Generic POI Icons all appear live and working
    Note... The Generic POI Icons disappear when the Map is highly zoomed out (I guess so you can scroll around a clear Map to find your location)
    The Icon reappear as you zoom back in again

Here the Yellow Pentagon Icons --> National Trust
    fwsmyemsot57.jpg

Trucker User Guide....
    Here... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Professional/manual.htm

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @cdmolter

The Tomtom Professional manual says on page 132 that there are POI lists and what Icons you can allocate to the POI files. If this is the case I would expect you to find as described above in Settings/Appearance. These units which, include a 620, are truck devices so is this what you have got?

Doug