itn files from PC to TTR 500 — TomTom Community

itn files from PC to TTR 500

francecarafrancecara Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi everyone! I recently purchased a TT Rider 500. Previously I had a 2013 TTR. I seem to have understood (also through TomTom assistance) that "drag & drop" operations from PC to device are no longer possible (they told me TTR500 uses only Wi-Fi to connect to PC). How can I transfer itineraries in .itn format previously saved on the PC to the TTR 500?
Thanks for your attention

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,476
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @francecara
    francecara wrote: »
    (Snip)
    I seem to have understood (also through TomTom assistance) that "drag & drop" operations from PC to device are no longer possible (they told me TTR500 uses only Wi-Fi to connect to PC)
    (Snip)
    The person from Tomtom Support is wrong you still have direct access to the PC Filer system... Its Bluetooth Transfer they have removed for the Rider 5xx Models

My Rider 550
    tqucwbgho1vq.jpg
    The Rider 4/5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 4/5xx Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 4/5xx Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    NavCore Version 15.302
    Released on 3 July 2015
    This update applies to the Rider4/5xx
    With the "Easy route upload"... You can connect your TomTom Rider to your PC using a USB cable, then drag and drop your route files directly to and from your device’s memory using a file explorer program.....

(1)... Connect Your device via USB and this screen appears on the Rider 450
    c64613c2-b6ca-4088-a8c6-b2c72a2c765e.jpg
    (2)... Tap the Import route Icon and the Rider 450 connects to the secure "Easy route upload"
    185e7f17-03ea-4d08-9f20-aba2fc64aa84.jpg
    (3)... On your PC filing system you should see "Tomtom Rider 450" where you can drag and drop your route files directly into the Rider 450 main memory or the Micro SD Card
    33ce976f-93c9-4fc0-b9a3-60acf162b062.png
    (4)... If you haven't got a Memory card installed it only shows the Rider 450 Main memory
    f85105c8-9d58-41d8-9d25-0f7230a2be76.png
    (5)... Drag & drop your route files to the device or the Memory card
    d0e6ebb9-f0bc-4b56-b91a-5dda94b7b7c3.png
    (6)... When your done tap "Done"
    7b1aa1e6-2953-49e8-be7c-2158437bca5c.jpg
    You can also use a Micro SD Card as a transfer medium

ATB YFM
  • francecarafrancecara Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2019
    Thanx for your answer. The "issue" is that I don't see in PC Filer system the device. On the device i can read "connected" (wifi?) but i don't see as your shot My Ryder 550
    Superusers
    Hi

If you follow my post from bullet-point (1)
    On you PC... Click on my Computer
    On the open Filer window you should see...

sxp2sa2f0ty5.jpg
    ATB YFM
    thank you very much for your prompt reply. tonight when I am at home I will check again, but I am almost sure that the device does not appear on the file explorer. it was the thing that left me perplexed as the device was "connected" as indicated on the TTR screen. I point out that the operating system is WINDOWS 10, I don't know if this can have any importance
    @YamFazMan thanx a lot you gave the right suggestion ! I am guilty of not having adequately read the pdf manual. I searched now and I saw that the procedure was in fact described (perhaps a little cumbersome, I expected that it was enough to connect the USB cable to see the device appear in the file explorer) You better than TT’s assistance 😉
    Superusers
    Hi
    @francecara

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    Merry Christmas

ATB YFM