TomTom Go 50 has RDS TMC problem — TomTom Community

TomTom Go 50 has RDS TMC problem

phjohanphjohan Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
Had the TomTom GO 50 for a few years now and performed map updates. However, recently the GO 50 developed the RDS TMC problem where the Go 50 connects and disconnects. This happens after I enter navigation data such as new destination and shortly thereafter the Go 50 becomes erratic with RDS TMC and disconnects battery followed by a reconnect and the cycle continues.

Tagged:

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Hi @phjohan

I have asked the team to make some changes in the back end. Just do a factory reset and connect the device to MyDrive Connect. Download any available updates.

Factory reset- Main menu- Settings- System- Reset

Make sure you back up your favourites using MyDrive web.

Plan a route and test the device.

Regards
    Vikram
  • phjohanphjohan Posts: 15 [Master Traveler]
    Vikram,

Thanks for your answer. I was not aware of MyDrive web. Anyhow, did a factory reset and the reset did not solve the problem. Also, thought it was a battery problem which the battery was changed and still did not solve the RDS TMC problem. However, thanks for the response. Is there an earlier update that maybe did not have the RDS TMC issue? Can the issue that creates the RDS TMC problem be disabled?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    Hi @phjohan

Did you also connect the device to MyDrive Connect and check for updates after you did the factory reset?

Thanks
    Vikram
    Greetings Vikram,

Yes after the reset, I performed an update and the RDS TMC problem still exists. Point, the GO 50 was working fine and after a <don't recall>, the GO 50 started having this RDS TMC problem. Yes, I use MyDrive Connect to perform updates.
    Info: I had stopped by Saturn and the Navi tech states about having better software for the TomTom Go 50. Is there other software or a method to disable the traffic function?
    After more research, I located the traffic service and disabled the service. Maybe by loading new map software the service was enable and traffic service was unstable. Learned something new about the TomTom Go 50. Thus my solution is to disable the traffic service such that one can use the map and or follow directions.